Ketosis question : Fruit tea

Heero_Luva

Not that I would ever stray from the diet but I have a question, maybe an experienced member can answer.

From what I understand Ketosis is the process whereby our bodies use fat stores as fuel instead of food because we are not eating enough to sustain our bodies.

I hear things like 'dont drink fruit tea' now not that I will but purly from a scientific approach, I am wondering why.

I've been told that the juice from fruit will knock you out of ketosis (As will salt) which is great when refeeding but while in the diet not so good. It did occur to me however that if you drank it then continued with the diet, it would not take you the two days to get back into ketosis (as the reason it takes that long to begin with is because of your glycogen stores having to be depleted.) but would you just go straight back into ketosis?

Like I say, dont do it, but I am curious.

Any sugestions?:confused:

Interesting question ... sorry I can't answer it - like you I stuck to the plan to the letter, only drinking leafy teas apart from black coffee. I hear what you say about never wavering and I admire you for it. In my opinion it's the only way to do it if you're serious. I didn't even have the green tea with lemon which I prefered to plain green coz i was scared of jeopardising my losses!!

BTW Well done on your stats ... not sure which is right - your ticker or your profile but either way the girl done good ;) xx

Not sure whether you mean Becki or me but I'll thank you just in case you mean me. Probably you mean both! :):) xx

hey kelly, im unsure on why myself, but ill admit i have nibbles the odd thing at times on this diet, come out fo ketosis within a few hours, gone to bed anf been back in it by the next after noon, im sticking to it now, but like i said i have fell off the wagon

Back