ketosis question

kelsocool

Speaks as she finds
How many carbs do you need to eat to come out of ketosis?
Or is the question how little carbs will get you into ketosis??

I hope this question makes sense....if not sorry i am having a "black haired BLONDE day"!!!!! lol

There is no set answer to this. It varies hugely from person to person. Are you asking so you can plan a cheat or because you have blipped? If it's the first, then it kind of doesn't work like that. There are no ok cheats. You need to think about whether it's worth it or not. And why you fee that you have to. If it's the second, then I wouldn't worry about it. What's done is done. Just get straight back on the wagon and you'l be fine! Or if you were just asking, then ignore me!!!

Everyone is different I'm afraid hun so it's kind of a 'how long is a piece of string' question you've asked there.
I for example can simply eat a CD bar and I get knocked out of ketosis.:rolleyes:

Yep, you can't tell. Everyone is different.

To be sure the average person stays out of ketosis you need about 115g of carbs, but lots come out way under that.

no i havent blipped or planning a cheat, i just wondered? it was actually something i was reading in a GI book and i thought it had mentioned on average how much lack of carbs kept you in ketosis but i think KDs answer was about the same. Thanks for all the replys though x

I asked on the Atkins board how many carbs were the limit for people there before they stopped losing weight and went into maintenance and the average was about 60g a day. I guess if you spread that through the day rather than all in one hit it would be more stable too.

I asked on the Atkins board how many carbs were the limit for people there before they stopped losing weight and went into maintenance and the average was about 60g a day.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean they weren't in ketosis, just because they stopped losing weight. You can even gain weight in ketosis

Back