Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by yummy mummy, 6 March 2007 Social URL.

1. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all justa quick one, i have asked this before but am still really worried. i have been ss'ing for 3weeks now and in my 2nd week i bought some ketostix, when i used them at first they were allways dark purple and i was advised to drink more which took the colour down a few shades. i have now uped my water intake but the dark purple has returned darker than ever, not sure why! could anyone help on this matter? thanks all x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chicksy

chicksy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My CDC told me to test my second wee of the day as your first is to concentrated. Also not to test after having a shake or soup etc as that can make a difference.

4. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

The darker shades mean you're a bit dehydrated - esp first thing in the morning as you've not been drinking water all night (!).

A shake or soup can temporarily knock you out of ketosis because of the low amount of carbs they contain - but you soon get back into it.

Honestly, though - if you've stuck to the diet 100% and don't feel hungry, then you're more than likely to be in ketosis and stay there, so I don't bother testing after the first stick goes pink.

HTH

xxx

5. yummy mummy

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i tested the 3rd wee? so does the dark purple mean im not in ketosis? i havent had anything today apart from 3 pints ofwater? im confused

6. yummy mummy

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    can anyone help?

7. poppa134

poppa134 Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    YM,I agree with isobel, once youre in ketosis dont worry too much. I got a bit obsessed with testing in the beginning. I varied as well from deep pink to light so I gave up and TBH chucked them in the bin!!.As long as you are sticking to Cd you'll be fine,

Nikki x

8. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I believe that as long as it's in the pink, you are in ketosis, the dark one still means you are in ketosis but probably need to drink more - it's only if it's at the other end (e.g. no colour) that you are not in ketosis

9. dinkymonkey

dinkymonkey cambridge counsellor

Diet:
    sole source
    whereanyou get these ketostiks from?

10. dinkymonkey

Diet:
    sole source
    oops:p sorry i ment where can you get ketostiks from

11. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Any chemist sells them dinkymonkey? Handy to have

12. dinkymonkey

Diet:
    sole source
    thanks

13. clairabellx

clairabellx Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was just wondering if the stix are darker because in your other post you said you're not having the foodpacks - I don't know what others think? But I understand there is a basic level of carb in the packs which we need to maintain health, and if you aren't having that, ketosis would be stronger, I guess.

I am just guessing, so maybe a CDC can advise.

As I recall the darker stix are not the best sign - we should aim for lighter stix.

HTH. Good luck

14. yummy mummy

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    ok thanks forthat i havent checked today but am starting aam asfrom tomorrow as i cant stand no more of the packs but i will force them doen, i have also uped my target

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.