Ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Royal Purple, 23 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Royal Purple

Royal Purple Full Member

Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet- Sole Source
    I was just wondering how do you do the test to tell if you're in Ketosis??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    You can by some testing sticks called Ketostix. You can buy them on ebay or pharmacy some people get questioned as some times they don't like selling them for diet purposes. I think I remember than your CDC can sell them to you too, but mine never offered them.

You pee on the test stick and if it turns a shade of pink rather than neutral you are in ketosis.

It isn't necessary to test for ketosis though. If you stick to the diet 100% you will get into ketosis. Signs of this are bad breath, feeling cold etc.

Dizzy x

4. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    if you havent got any sticks, the symptoms of Ketosis are not feeling hungry, maybe feeling cold or bad breath/funny taste in your mouth.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.