Ketosis

You are nearly there hun, you will noticed the stinky breath and you won't feel the hunger

Aw Kev, I feel your pain. I'm only at the end of day one and my head is killing me. I've been really ratty with the kids this evening too. :( Hopefully it won't take long for you now, some people on here are in ketosis by day 3. I think I went pretty fast the last time I did this, but I didn't get the headaches last time, oddly. They're a killer.

you will feel like you have a buzz, happy, your tummy wont be yelling at you and your tongue will be coated. Sore head could be withdrawels from carbs or simply not enough water. it took me almost 5 days to get into Ketosis so stick at it.

I think we are all struggling a wee bit after the over indulgences over the festive period! Think of all the goodies your body has got used to over the past few weeks! Chocolate, wine, Christmas cake etc etc ( jeez I'm suddenly hungry). From the reading I've done it may take us a wee while longer to get to ketosis because we have excess glycogen stores to burn (I think). They do also suggest cutting down on carbs for a few weeks before starting to reduce side effects - not likely over Xmas! After the headaches I've suffered I would urge those considering starting or awaiting packs to cut down on carbs and alcohol before starting! If anything a few pounds could be lost before Exante!

Good luck! It will get better - I'm day 4 and definitely feeling MUCH better today, more full of life and I have a metallic taste in my mouth.

well day 4 is better, headache slowly going and metalic taste in my mouth today, felt really thirsty yesterday. so think im getting there. feel much better today overall but dont really like the soups :( thanks for your posts!

Day 2 and I'm with you on the headaches and the soups!!!! the bars are not so bad but can see me becoming a shake kinda girl!! xxx
Good Luck

Back