Ketosis

It differs from person to person, but I believe it can be from day 3 to 5 as rough guide.

i reckon i was in ketosis on day 2 but agree it is different from person to person

I didn't really notice any changes apart from I was less hungry. I peed on a ketostick on day 3 and it was purple

I always know when I get into ketosis when I have a strange taste in my mouth. For me it started on day 3 and was going strong by day 4 (dark purple on keto sticks)

I cant wait till I get in ketosis (when I start 2moz)....might buy some of those sticks. When you are in ketosis though can you smell your own breath, does it be that bad or is it just other people who thinks its whiffy??

Hi all, i'm on day 6 and when i pee'd on one of those sticks yesterday it was only a pink colour, not purple. Will it turn purple soon? sticking to diet like glue anyway.

@Tori2011 thank goodness! I was reading the posts re purple sticks and was thinkin this was wrong as it was supposed to be pink and then you bobbed up and explained it!

:)

Thanks guys...i reckon i've hit it LOL...my 4 year old niece told me my breath smells LOL....can you get those sticks in the chemist ?? On day 5 day now..and i think i'm managing rightly..cant take the strawberry shake at all...but if i mix the vanilla with some coffee and have it hot its actually nice :)

Thanks Tor12011! Feel better for knowing that, drinking about 3-4 litres everyday as i'm really thirsty alot of the time.
One more question, is there anything for the bad breath we can take? other than brushing/mouthwash?

Thanks again to all! keep up the motivation...it'll be worth it!

I always know when I get into ketosis when I have a strange taste in my mouth. For me it started on day 3 and was going strong by day 4 (dark purple on keto sticks)

Although I am 100% my keto sticks never turn purple, deep pink I would say:D

Mine were purple the first day (day 3) and have been pink ever since

@maz99 You can get those strips that you put on your tongue, ask the pharmacist when you go to your next appointment (although my LT helper didnt know u could have sweetener)

Back