Ketosis

Sweetascandy

How will I know when I go into ketosis? My cdc said because I'm doing step 2 I won't go into ketosis, yet a couple of people on here have said they are doing step and went into ketosis. I'm so confused x

I will not give up this time

Hi, this is my 6th day of being on step 2, on the 4th day by CDC told me to do a ketostix test so check if I was in ketosis (she said regardless of if I was on step 1 or 2, I would still go into ketosis). The strip didnt change colour at call! Called my CDC and her first comment was 'it means it were naughty'!!! This p****d me off, but I dont care as I read some other blogs that said these strips cannot be relied on.

Anyway, I woke up about 1 hour ago (approx 11:30am) and have no hunger etc and this is how it has been since Friday (4th day). I was told that when I was in ketosis I would have no hunger, I dont, so Im sure I am. I am going for my first weigh in tomorrow & I will show my CDC if I was being naughty or not!!

Dont worry sweetascandy, if you are doing it right, you will be fine. Do you feel hunger?

Hi, this is my 6th day of being on step 2, on the 4th day by CDC told me to do a ketostix test so check if I was in ketosis (she said regardless of if I was on step 1 or 2, I would still go into ketosis). The strip didnt change colour at call! Called my CDC and her first comment was 'it means it were naughty'!!! This p****d me off, but I dont care as I read some other blogs that said these strips cannot be relied on.

Anyway, I woke up about 1 hour ago (approx 11:30am) and have no hunger etc and this is how it has been since Friday (4th day). I was told that when I was in ketosis I would have no hunger, I dont, so Im sure I am. I am going for my first weigh in tomorrow & I will show my CDC if I was being naughty or not!!

Dont worry sweetascandy, if you are doing it right, you will be fine. Do you feel hunger?

Jeepers, doesn't sound like the encouragement and support you need from your CDC?! Charming!! Ketosis is a lack of hunger - as a rule - the mental hunger will still rear it's head along with cravings, but sounds like you are in Ketosis. Well done and stick with it :D

This time its forever said:
Tell me about it Sauce, I wont repeat the words that came out of my mouth after our call finished! Never mind, she doesnt know me, Im a big girl and she probably assumes I eat like a pig!

Thanks, I intend to stick to it! x

Doesn't matter what she thinks, she's there to help not bloody judge! Never mind, when the scales are going down she can apologise ;) x

Whoop whoop!!! Wow well done! Cheating indeed ;) xx

Hahaha exactly!! I've never used the ketostix myself cos I drink so much water I think it'd be diluted, I have around 4 to 5l a day as on bars and a Tetra. Good for u tho hun. I'll say it again.... so much for bloody cheating ;) xx

Woo Hoo, Well Done You!
Even sweeter when you have been doubted xx

The stix can be dodgy so never go by them! 810 is borderline...some people are in ketosis, some people aren't quite - although LCDing means you are always close to it...and yes it takes longer to get there for some people than when you're plain SSing.

It's not an exact science, due to your BMI, I would imagine that your BMR (the amount of calories you need just to live) is pretty high so you are probably closer to ketosis than someone on 810 with a lower BMI and will have good losses.

Keep it up!

Just got home, lost 11.9 lbs on my first ever weigh in & proud to say that I sooooooo proved her wring!!! My consultant was left with her mouth open when she saw the weight loss and then it got even wider when she measured a 7cm loss on each leg!!

woohoo well done you and you should her hehehe x

hello i went into ketosis on day 5 and doing step 2 and feel great but been having few test at hospital and today the dr said i had ketones in my urine test and i had to explain the diet was expecting the big lecture but he was great and asked how it was goig and told me to keep it up

Back