Ketosis.

I want to be there........on the magical island of ketosis,so im no longer hungry and I can think clearly and find some energy.

Day 4.........will I get there soon ???

I would say it won't be too much longer now, its usually under a week.
Have you had any symptoms? Headaches, dry mouth, bad breathe etc?

It's different for everyone, for me it usually takes about 5 days

Theres a bit of confusion about ketosis. Most people do, in fact, start shifting into ketosis on day 1. When the horrible headache starts that's a sure fire sign your body is starting to get ketogenic. What happens around day 4/5 is that your body has achieved a state of sustained ketosis and is now coping with the extra keytones and that;s when you tend to get the good things about ketosis, a euphoric high feeling, rush of energy and no longer feeling hungry.

I'm a bit baffled by the high energy rush etc - it certainly hasn't happened to me & I'm on day 16 - 100% ss (other than 1 blip) - I feel like the walking dead :-( admittedly not at all hungry but I'm literally in bed by 9pm every night if not earlier... I honestly don't know where anyone gets the energy from to exercise...

Sadly not everyone gets is and some only get it for a day or so. I'm on day 13 and feel like carp, granted I have a teething baby who's been up for the last 3 nights and I'm starting to get very grumpy now.

Yep still no "feeling of well being " only day 5 for me and it feels like a struggle . woke up this morning and thought enough was enough. I have a 60 min round trip to walk my 2 youngest children to school and i can hardly make it back home im so exhausted. luckily my Husband was home from work this morning and he took me shopping and I got a lot of green veg, celery, chicken breast and white fish so i can make a small meal on an evening . so for now im still on track. the only thing keeping me going is that I really want to succeed and could not go through the first few days again !!

We have to keep telling ourselves it will all be worth it in the end :) I think I'll speak to my CDC about doing ss+ that way at least I'd have a little bit of food to look forward to (if I have the energy to eat it lol) x good luck & hope we all get a massive energy rush soon :)

I am also on day 5 and I dont feel like I am in ketosis either. I am on SS+ so not sure if it makes a difference, but being able to eat a small amount each day helps so much more than last time when I just did the SS. I wonder if ketosis will come soon :/ xxx

lucylockett said:
I'm a bit baffled by the high energy rush etc - it certainly hasn't happened to me & I'm on day 16 - 100% ss (other than 1 blip) - I feel like the walking dead :-( admittedly not at all hungry but I'm literally in bed by 9pm every night if not earlier... I honestly don't know where anyone gets the energy from to exercise...

Ditto! I'm shattered constantly. Would love the energy high :(

Back