Ketostiks

Gem Dec 17th 06

I bought some today - how do they work??!!!!!

I know you wee on them but what colour do they go when you are in Ketosis???

Thanks
Gemx

Any change from the beige shows ketones in the wee hence ketosis.

Therefore anywhere between a very blush pink and dark purple shows ketosis.

M.

Hi Gem - I haven't tested for ketosis yet - should I be doing that ??

Where can I buy them ?

I don't think you have to, I was interested!!!

I got mine from Boots, they're for people with Diabetes.

If you want, I could send you some of mine! I've got loads so I won't need them all!!!
Let me know if you want a few!!!

Gemx :D

aww - thanx Gem :)

but I wouldn't wanna put u to bother - I'll nip in to Boots and get some - I've lost a stone in 2 weeks & I'm not feeling hungry - so must be doing something right :D

Well done Gem fab start. Just to let you know I am always in the dark pink colour but apparently that also means we are not drinking enough water! When I get over 4 litres a day I go a medium pink and I get my biggest losses too. Hardly drank anything this week and had my smallest loss!!

Good Luck for your weigh in!!

Thanks for posting this message, I was just about to post the same, I am officially still on day 3, will start day 4 at 2.30.. it's really confusing, wish I'd started in the morning but no I have to be different!! he he

Anyway, I tested 4 times yesterday & had everything between dark pink & null, the full range almost, never went up over dark pink (++) tho... tested again this morning & it was in trace... am still feeling the hunger & am only really coming to the end of day 2 so am probably not in full ketosis yet, or am I??

I don't know!!! I know this will only be a question over the next week or so while I get started & then get over my big house move & possibly have to eat, will do AAM if necessary but hope to not drop out of ket...

If anyone has any light to shed I would be very grateful!

Thans!

Well done Gem fab start. Just to let you know I am always in the dark pink colour but apparently that also means we are not drinking enough water! When I get over 4 litres a day I go a medium pink and I get my biggest losses too. Hardly drank anything this week and had my smallest loss!!

Good Luck for your weigh in!!

Hopefully I'll be ok though, I tested at lunch time so I'd only had about 1 litre, I do have at least 5 litres every day!!

Gemx :D

Isn't it suprising how much you can enjoy peeing on a stick

Back