ketostix

You can pick them up online - just google 'ketostix'. I *think* our local independant chemist does them adn sainsburys pharmacy does too but I don't know if that's specific to our branch. i did think Boots sold them, could you try another branch?

I've never used them though, I figured if I was sticking to the diet then I'd go into Ketosis and there was nothing much more I could do to speed that up. Each to their own though, hope you find them.

I got mine for about £5.17 in Lloyds Pharmacy.

Kat xx

You don't need them. Don't waste you money.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Ketostix... In many cases it makes people quite neurotic and obsessive - the debate "OMG I'm not in ketosis - I haven't cheated but the stick tells me 'NO!'" .... It's almost as bad as weighing yourself every day.
If nothing but foodpacks and water go in, and weightloss happens at the end of the week then everything is as it should be. ... There will be quick and slow loss weeks, sometimes STS weeks for no apparent reason (though the body does need some weeks to adjust itself to such dramatic changes!) - the important thing is... stick to the diet. It works. Many people here will tell you the same thing!

I agree Minerva. I bought ketostix on the 3rd day, I used one on the Saturday to check if I was in K and I have not touched them since. I also got my partner to put the scales in the loft and only have those two things checked on weigh in day!

I did not want to be obssessed with either.

Kat xx

Hi,

I have some and I have found them useful because there are some pills I *have* to take for a condition, if it flares up. The tablets have some sucrose in, so if I ever need to take them I whip out the old Ketostix to check if I've been knocked out of ketosis. Haven't been yet, although I do get incredibly hungry on the day I take 'em. Grr.

I used these on the Atkins diet - quite useful for that. I didn't use them on LL since if you stick to the foodpacks you are in ketosis so no point really. I used to get mine form Express Chemist online pharmacy as I'd been told that sometimes pharmacies will only sell themm to diabetics, not dieters. I doubt that this is true though..

Hi,

I have some and I have found them useful because there are some pills I *have* to take for a condition, if it flares up. The tablets have some sucrose in, so if I ever need to take them I whip out the old Ketostix to check if I've been knocked out of ketosis. Haven't been yet, although I do get incredibly hungry on the day I take 'em. Grr.

Fair enough - thats a reasonable reason to need them. :)

Otherwise, if you need them to keep checking, it means you are being naughty! And buying them, almost, woudl seem like a subconsciou plan of sabatoge set in place. :)

Back