Ketostixs

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by JonnyWopper, 7 September 2011 Social URL.

1. JonnyWopper

JonnyWopper Full Member

Diet:
    The almighty Cambridge Diet
    How reliable are ketostix???
    Lol what minute your in ketosis and one minute your out of it with them?
    I tried all different times of the day and all different results

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    they're notoriously unreliable - they depend on how dilute your urine is, and that will fluctuate all day due to a lot of other things your body is doing (how fast your kidneys are working at any given point, how much and how quickly you've been drinking, how close it was to a meal pack, have you been sweating or breathing heavily...)

Best thing to do is use one mornings first thing, and compare day to day.

or don't. you pretty much know when you get into ketosis to start with, because you stop feeling hungry and it gets easier. after that, if you've been 100%, you'll be in ketosis anyway, and if you have a blip and fall out of ketosis, you'll get hungry again.

4. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

They can be very unreliable. One major factor in the depth of pink on the stick is the dieter's level of hydration. But even when you drink tons you can still only get a very faint blush! I have been low carbing for more than a decade now and I have never registered more than faint pink.

Make sure the stix are in date. Once they've been opened they last up to six months. I think it's best to rely on your own physical clues to decide ketosis.

5. jessicacaca

jessicacaca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambrige
    I don't bother with them, I can just see myself going through about 40 a day.
    My breath is enough to tell me I'm in ketosis! (Gross) x

6. SurreySuperTrooper

SurreySuperTrooper Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.07%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I am using them and I find them pretty reliable. I use them first thing in the morning. On the days where I have overindulged on bars I get a blush colour. Otherwise i usually get the reassuring pink or dark pink colour.

I do know that I am ketosis as I have energy, not feeling hungry etc but still use just to give me something else to add to my weight loss spreadsheet :eek:

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Dont waste your money. Bottom line is if you follow the plan, youll be in ketosis and once youre in ketosis youll stay in unless you come off the plan. Theres nothing to be gained by checking regularly plus they are as has already been said, notoriously unreliable.

8. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    The death breath & lack of hunger are enough to tell you that you're in ketosis, don't worry about ketostix :)

9. JonnyWopper

JonnyWopper Full Member

Diet:
    Yea but I feel hungry all the time lol I don't cheat but I still managed 37lb in 7 weeks.
    But only twice as the stick worked. I don't even get the breath thing lol :s

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Being in ketosis doesnt mean you wont feel hungry at times unfortunately. If youve been sticking to just your packs for 7 weeks youll be in ketosis. Not everyone gets the bad breath either.

Seriously bin the sticks, trust in the diet, youre doing amazingly

11. JonnyWopper

JonnyWopper Full Member

Diet:
    Thank you very much lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.