Ketostixs

JonnyWopper

How reliable are ketostix???
Lol what minute your in ketosis and one minute your out of it with them?
I tried all different times of the day and all different results

they're notoriously unreliable - they depend on how dilute your urine is, and that will fluctuate all day due to a lot of other things your body is doing (how fast your kidneys are working at any given point, how much and how quickly you've been drinking, how close it was to a meal pack, have you been sweating or breathing heavily...)

Best thing to do is use one mornings first thing, and compare day to day.

or don't. you pretty much know when you get into ketosis to start with, because you stop feeling hungry and it gets easier. after that, if you've been 100%, you'll be in ketosis anyway, and if you have a blip and fall out of ketosis, you'll get hungry again.

They can be very unreliable. One major factor in the depth of pink on the stick is the dieter's level of hydration. But even when you drink tons you can still only get a very faint blush! I have been low carbing for more than a decade now and I have never registered more than faint pink.

Make sure the stix are in date. Once they've been opened they last up to six months. I think it's best to rely on your own physical clues to decide ketosis.

I don't bother with them, I can just see myself going through about 40 a day.
My breath is enough to tell me I'm in ketosis! (Gross) x

I am using them and I find them pretty reliable. I use them first thing in the morning. On the days where I have overindulged on bars I get a blush colour. Otherwise i usually get the reassuring pink or dark pink colour.

I do know that I am ketosis as I have energy, not feeling hungry etc but still use just to give me something else to add to my weight loss spreadsheet :eek:

Dont waste your money. Bottom line is if you follow the plan, youll be in ketosis and once youre in ketosis youll stay in unless you come off the plan. Theres nothing to be gained by checking regularly plus they are as has already been said, notoriously unreliable.

The death breath & lack of hunger are enough to tell you that you're in ketosis, don't worry about ketostix :)

Yea but I feel hungry all the time lol I don't cheat but I still managed 37lb in 7 weeks.
But only twice as the stick worked. I don't even get the breath thing lol :s

Back