KFC Chicken done the SW way

Hi! There is another version of this that doesn't use bread. I will see if I can find the recipe but I know the main ingredients are chicken, beaten egg and powdered mashed potato which hasn't had water added. Basically you dip the chicken in the beaten egg then coat it with powdered mashed potato. You can do this twice. I'm not sure how long it must be baked for or at what temperature. Fry it for a couple of minutes with Frylight (One cal sunflower oil spray) before putting it into the oven. You can add salt, pepper and whatever herbs or spices you want.

Last edited:
I tried this on 2 occasions and they were both frickin gorgeous!! I used brown bread the first time, then used couscous second time round. Not sure if i did the couscous part correctly but i just covered the chicken with uncooked coucous, nice and crunchy but not sure if thats the correct way or not.
One thing i found was that the mixed spice was very overpowering so on my second go i only used 1/2 tsp abut i could still really taste it. Dont get me wrong it was delish but i might try and find another spice to substitute this....any suggestions??

we made this a while ago when we last following the SW plan and did 2tsp of chicken bovril rather than a full jar and worked just as well. really tasty though

We have a taster night tonight at ym group, mentioned it to a few girls last week they're dying to try it out...Have the recipie all typed out and copied for whoever wants it....

Just finished cooking and eating this. I used the following

For 12 drumsticks and 6 thighs
4 tsp chicken bovril
3 eggs
Half tsp chilli
Salt and pepper
Whisk this together well.

In another bowl put approx half tub smash. Mix in tsp each of cumin, ground coriander and paprika.

I boiled my chicken for 30 mins first. Let it cool a little and then remove the skin. Dip them in the egg mixture first then into the smash. It was easier to scoop the smash over than handle the chicken too much. Put on a baking tray sprayed with frylight and bake for 15 mins.

Very tasty but next time I would use chicken breast, not keen on bones.

Attachments

• 1377716005819.jpg
    1377716005819.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 482
I used the initial recipe from this thread and did this today.. was very yummy and tasty but I agree.. alot of effort especially if you get in quite late from work.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

subscribing :)

Easier way

Hiya, there is a much easier way to make these which I do all the time: just make breadcrumbs out of your healthy extra. You can use a food processor or just do what I do and rub the bread in your hands which goes in to breadcrumbs. I add salt, pepper, smoked paprika, mixed herbs and chilli flakes to this but you can use any seasoning. I cut the raw chicken breast in to nuggets or you can leave them bigger but cook for longer. I use 3 eggs in a bowl, coat the raw chicken in egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Put on an oven tray sprayed in fry light and then spray the top in fry light then cook at 200 for about 30 mins or until golden. Yummy and easy :)

Instead of covering the chicken in egg, I cover them in chicken bovril paste mixed with mixed herbs! Then roll them in the breadcrumbs! It's free on ee + he b and it makes the chicken soft and very chicken-y x

I will be trying this sounds yummy :) thank you xxx

Back