KFC Chicken done the SW way

I've done this a few times and once it was really dry and I had just overcooked it.

I don't cook the chicken beforehand, so I give it a bit longer in the oven. Unfortunately, that time I had put the oven on full blast to heat up and forgotten to turn it down.

It was awful, even the dogs weren't keen. :eek:

I dont cook my first either, first time I made them I did and the chicken was dry.

Cook them on 200 for about 15/18 mins and the chicken was cooked perfectly(if you are doing smaller pieces and longer for bigger pieces)

HTH

Last edited:
Yes, use the Fry Light, on the parchment paper or baking tray first, and then on the chicken, half way through cooking, turn them and do the same, should be fine. x

Is chicken bovril salty?

Made sw kfc again turned out lovely although a bit salty..

Made sw kfc again turned out lovely although a bit salty..
I found mine a bit salty too - gonna try less bovril and more egg next time x

There is one, but you don't add the bovril mixture:

Chicken Breasts (4) or thighs (8) - skinned
Cayenne
chilli flakes
cumin powder
Coriander powder
Salt and Pepper
Egg
1 slice w/meal bread or 2 slices of small loaf w/meal - blend into breadcrumbs.
Spray Light

Breadcrumbs in a large bowl, mix in spices and seasoning. Whisk 2 eggs up and put into another bowl. On a baking tray spray all over with fry light. Take your chicken and dip into egg, then into breadcrumbs mixture. Spray with fry light and place on baking tray. When finished with all chicken, spray all over with fry light, Bake at gas 5 or 180 for 20 mins or until browned. Great for picnics or to go with noodles, rice and salad for dinner.

Delicious x

Mmmmmmm sounds delish defo want to make these now. Does anyone know if you can get the bovril paste in ireland?

Anyone tried freezing these yet? Do you think coating them in egg and then breadcrumbs and freezing raw would be ok? Would i then have to defrost it then oven? Would it make the breadcrumbs soggy?

hi guys, on EE day you can use couscous instead of the bread and then its COMPLETELY syn free. just soak it and add the same amount as what the bread weighs x

Carrie, if you use cous cous, does it still come out crispy looking? If so, fantastic idea, will be trying that out soon!

oooh i might try this, i miss KFC. Sounds a great idea :)

Carrie, if you use cous cous, does it still come out crispy looking? If so, fantastic idea, will be trying that out soon!

yeah, they did when i made it. i used strips of chicken so they tasted like the chicken strips that they do. lovely with a corn on the cob, potato wedges and healthy living coleslaw. couscous also works well on fish to have slimming world chips and mushy peas on a friday night.
mmmmmm, yum yum. im hungry now!!!!
x

Oh my goodness these are GORGEOUS! Just had them with syn-free chips, beans and mushy peas, delicious!
I've never had KFC before, but i love chicken so when i found this recipe i thought why not. Boyfriend loved them too :D

DEFINITELY making them again!

I made these last nigth but I didnt really like them! I dont know if maybe I used too much bovril paste but thats literally all I coudl taste! Anyone else find this?

I made these last nigth but I didnt really like them! I dont know if maybe I used too much bovril paste but thats literally all I coudl taste! Anyone else find this?

Yeah me too so i just used a couple of spoons of bovril and an extra egg - much better for my taste x

Back