KFC Chicken done the SW way

:) ta

Made a big batch of this to take to a tester session. Group were amazed and LOVED it. I now have to take the recipe in next week so people can make it themselves. Better stock up on the chicken bovril before tesco run dry!

If I do a print out of the recipe, I shall make sure and put Minimins name on the page so that people can join here if they want to.

Better stock up on the chicken bovril before tesco run dry!

Hehe, i just ordered my shopping from Tesco and made sure i stocked up on the chicken Bovril. Tried the KFC the other week and OMG was it nice!!

Made a big batch of this to take to a tester session. Group were amazed and LOVED it...

I did the same thing yesterday... people kept asking me for the recipe and so I ended up having to promise to bring it with me next week lol

I made this the other night (2nd attempt) but this time I did a few things different.

I didn't bother with an egg. I put a few spoonfuls on bovril paste in a bowl and then smeared the chicken with it using my fingers (messily therapeutic!). I mixed all the spices up with the breadcrumbs (I also used the Dr Oatker wholemeal crumbs) and I didn't weigh anything, just guessed as I had 3 chicken thighs and 3 drumsticks to do.

I didn't need to use a full tub of bovril, and I found the crumbs stuck well without having to use an egg.

It was good! Going to try it again soon I think! Nyom!

I will be trying this too. Loved the idea of cous cous. But my hubby has an intolerance to cous cous. so i will do some for me and some for him and the boys seperately.

can't wait

:drool:

saved the recipe shopping tomorrow will try the weekend for sure.

Freezing KFC Chicken?

Good Morning Everyone - I have to go away with work for a week soon & being a good person I always try to leave the OH all his meals for the week, anyway, he loves the SW KFC chicken, could I make it as you are meant to and then freeze it do you think or would it possibly kill him?? If I can freeze it would he then just need to defrost it & cook it again or could he eat it cold?:confused:

Thanks all

Can't find chicken bovril paste is it just at tescos?

Thanks will try there first rather than go on wild goose chase. probably won't get there till Monday so will have to wait till then :drool:

can't wait to try this!

Syn Free KFC

Syn Free KFC
10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes
Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.
Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.
Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

Back