KFC Chicken done the SW way

Made this last night for the first time and it was lush...... had it with butternut squash chips and a huge mountain of salad..... hubby enjoyed it so much he has taken what was left for lunch today with salad..... yummy

Oh Wow! What a success - finally got some chicken bovril - but couldn't find any free range chicken so tried it with sliced turkey fillets instead. Absolutely yum! We like things spicy in this house so doubled the pepper and chilli! - A major success which we will try again.

Hiya Thanks soooo much for this recipe! I am a kfc addict! I tried this yday! I must say it doesnt taste or smell like kfc but it was delish! def making it again! my partner is really fussy so didnt expect him to like it but he loved it! so im well chuffed I can have delish chicken without missing my kfc! :)

Hey guys, this is a recipe I used to use on WW, and havent had it since I started Slimming World and I haven't worked out the syns either I'm afraid. Its perfect for when everyone else is having a takeaway or like Big Als chicken products and tastes sssoooooooo much better.
I roll the chicken fillet in plain flour to coat it (1 tbsp per fillet would be loads so 4.5) then I coat it in a beaten egg.
I crush cornflakes or special K (you coul use this as your healthy extra although I dont think you would even need 28g per fillet) and then I coat the eggy fillet with the crushed cornflakes. A few squirts of frylight and into the oven for about 25-30 minutes! Absolutely divine with SW chips and a corn on the cob!
Hope you like xx

It's great! If u really wanted to treat yourself you could count the cereal as syns and have it in a burger bun with lots of salad! It's really fab then! Oh an with curry sauce...you'll think your in the chipper! mmmmmm

KFC SW style

It is YUMMY SCRUMMY! I recommend it with SW chips but my dad told me to cook 6 chicken breasts you actually only need 4!

So full :) :D :)

I keep meaning to do this but keep forgetting! whats the recipe?

Hiya, I made my own version last night - minus the Bovril paste:

Serves 2 - 2.5 syns per serving on Red/EE

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts cut into chunky goujons
1 egg beaten
28g Paxo golden breadcrumbs
Mixed herbs
Black Pepper
Chicken oxo cube

Method:
Dip the chicken goujons into the beaten egg.
Mix the breadcrumbs with the herbs, pepper and crumbled up oxo cube.
Dip each goujon into the breadcrumbs, giving each an even coating.
Place on a fry-lighted baking tray and cook at Gas 6 for about 15mins or until cooked through.

They were really really tasty so I won't mess around with bovril paste again. Tasted like a really naughty meal in fact!!

Served mine with new potatoes, some veg and sweet chilli sauce to dip

oh my gosh just made this tonight and it was lovely!! used cous cous instead of breadcrumbs and it tasted amazing! xx

Attachments

• IMG00108-20100805-2023.jpg
    IMG00108-20100805-2023.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 6,073
Any of you lot ever look at the recipes on the Annabel Karmel website? Its for parents really but theres always good recipe son the home page and in teh forums for everyone including chicken nuggets like above, Chinese style sauces and turkey meatballs. And my fav, hidden veg sauce: designed so kids wont realise theyre eating abt 5 diff types of veg but it's basically free on SW bar the tomato puree which tbh is v v low by the time you portion it out! This sauce freezes v well so I just take out a few cubes when I need it!

Hi all,

I made this today and IT WAS AMAZING! I used an oxo chicken cube and made it into a paste instead of bovril as I couldn't find it in my local shops. I also used jerk seasoning in the breadcrumbs.

So lunch, crunchy, spicy, perfect. Next time though I might miss out the Oxo altogether. Definitely being cooked again soon!

Hi all,

So I can never find Chicken bovril, and I decided to make some KFC without it. Then I went to the bread bin and the bread was GREEN!

So I improvised and put some ryvitas in a food processor and blitzed them, added a teaspoon of jerk seasoning and then egged the chicken and rolled them in it as per usual. I also didnt cook the chicken first, and yup, it was devine!

So same recipe just a little different, though someone might like to know :)

Personally I think nothing is too much effort if your craving something and can still have it the SW way. Yesterday I made a syn free pizza with a wholemeal bread base, fiddly but well worth it. Now I'll try the chicken hehe
Sounds lovely, but seems like an AWFUL lot of effort to me!!!! lol

Hope your ingredients arrived! I ordered my monthly shop online with ingredients for a syn free pizza and waited eagerly, like a kid on Christmas Eve, only to find the main ingredient wasn't in stock on the day. I was so disappointed. However I walked to the store and got it a few days later and it was well worth the wait, as well as burning off extra calories LOL ;)
I'm making this during this week. Mr Tesco is delivering my ingredients (along with the rest of my shopping) tonight.

Back