KFC Chicken done the SW way

Another one he won't believe!

Just added this to the recipe book :)

My other half is loving my new diet and couldn't believe I lost 4lbs in my first week after having burger night, kebab night and chilli night all in one week! :D

Looks like he will have another one to be surprised about as this looks delicious :)

Thanks for the recipe!

Just added this to the recipe book :)

My other half is loving my new diet and couldn't believe I lost 4lbs in my first week after having burger night, kebab night and chilli night all in one week! :D

Looks like he will have another one to be surprised about as this looks delicious :)

Thanks for the recipe!
Well done and welcome :) I made it last night for the whole family, we all loved it, we had it will synfree chips, corn on the cob and beans...so filling!!

Hi Sueschoices,

I've got the ingredients on order with Tesco for next week.

Can't wait to surprise him :)

Will be having it with wedges and salad and on a brown bun (HeB)!!

My consultant kept saying that we all should be eating the same food just cooked in a different way, I can't believe how true it is and it tastes better to me too :)

:D I can't wait to make this x

Sw kfc chicken
I had this tonight for the first time and it was fantastic! i did'nt boil the chicken first as did not like the thought of that but cut into goujons and they cooked quickly anyway, very easy to do but i only used 2 large teaspoons full of chicken bovril which was perfect. If you go on you tube there is a man on there showing you how to cook it, although he does boil the chicken. He also does a dietcoke chicken recipe, i am yet to try it but will give it a go at some point. Give Kfc sw a go you wont be dissapointed.

Sw kfc chicken
I had this tonight for the first time and it was fantastic! i did'nt boil the chicken first as did not like the thought of that but cut into goujons and they cooked quickly anyway, very easy to do but i only used 2 large teaspoons full of chicken bovril which was perfect. If you go on you tube there is a man on there showing you how to cook it, although he does boil the chicken. He also does a dietcoke chicken recipe, i am yet to try it but will give it a go at some point. Give Kfc sw a go you wont be dissapointed.

that man on youtube is so funny! i tried the dietcoke chicken and loved it! i think i will try the kfc tonight :)

I made this tonight and even DD ate it!!! I used cous cous so it was free :) I didn't use the amount of spices in the recipe and will probably tweak it again when I do it again. I didn't brush the wet mix on, just bunged the chicken in the sauce and then into the cous cous.

tried this last night for my sister and her fiance, it was a mega hit! served it with sw chips and made a sw trifle for afters! i boiled the chicken (the first time ive ever done this) and i think it helped the chicken stay moist.
deffo keeping this in the book!

Made this again last night - agree that boiling the chicken definitely helps it stay moist plus it's soooo much easier to skin!
Mixed Paxo dried breadcrumbs with a chicken oxo, garlic salt, pepper and a bit of cumin for the spice mix.
Served with SW chips and beans... yum!

Made this again last night - agree that boiling the chicken definitely helps it stay moist plus it's soooo much easier to skin!
Mixed Paxo dried breadcrumbs with a chicken oxo, garlic salt, pepper and a bit of cumin for the spice mix.
Served with SW chips and beans... yum!

how much of the paxo breadcrumbs do you use and how many syns is it.:D

yum yum this sounds yummy going to have to try this and see if hubby will eat it has he hates chicken but likes kfc lol xx

Verdict: Yummy! I omited the mixed spice as I wasn't sure I'd like it. Next time I'd use slightly less black pepper - 2 tsp is really quite a lot but it was still really yummy and I'll definitely be making it again!

Oh, and I didn't bother boiling the chicken first - just sliced up raw chicken and coated it in the bovril mix then rolled it in breadcrumbs.

Is that Beetroot on the plate? Did it go with the chicken? Have heard of it served with beef before. I think the idea of cooking the chicken first is so it is drier and the breadcrumbs crisper?

I made this tonight and even DD ate it!!! I used cous cous so it was free :) I didn't use the amount of spices in the recipe and will probably tweak it again when I do it again. I didn't brush the wet mix on, just bunged the chicken in the sauce and then into the cous cous.

Did you soak the cous cous first or use it dry?

Back