KFC Chicken done the SW way

Couldnt find Chicken Bovril, so made a paste using oxo cubes (chicken) and the egg. Worked out fine!

Made this last night. Tasted really good. Some of the coating stuck to the baking tray so will use a non-stick sheet next time. Only used half the bovril, chilli and pepper. Didn't add mixed spice but might add some next time. Daughter said it was better than real KFC!

Photo005.jpg

Made this tonight, was good. did a Quorn version for me, being a veggie. worked well, a good way of jazzing up quorn fillets.

I used a oxo cube with tiny bit of water and mixed that in with the egg instead of the bovril paste ( i didnt really look at the recipe properly, just saw bovril and thought oxo cube was the same!! but seemed to work ok ( used veggie cube for me)
and for spices i used 1tsp pepper, 1tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika and 1/2tsp mixed spice

(all the southern chicken recipes we found online all used paprika, so went with that - instead of chilli)

piccys here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/84682-post-your-food-pics-meal-ideas-155.html#post2832571

I made this for myself and boyf (both doing SW) and also two friends who were staying with us, worked ok eventually! started off using half the jar of bovril and the recommended amount of bread. However because I'd cut the chicken into goujons the surface area was obviously larger so ran out of breadcrumbs half way, so had to make some more and then ran out of bovril mix near the end so had to make more of that! nightmare! once i'd managed to finish coating all the chicken and it was cooked tasted good, a bit peppery for my liking and I didn't use mixed spice, so next time will use less pepper and maybe some paprika instead :) x

Hi all, I am new to the forum, but would like to say that I made these a couple of weeks ago. I used a crumbled up stock cube instead of chicken bovril as I did not have any at the time. I made it into small goujouns, I just put the whole lot of chicken cut up into a mixing bowl and sprinkled on the cube, and massaged in. Dipped each one into beaten egg and then into the spicy breadcrumb mixture, it said to shake any excess crumbs off as to many would make it go soggy. I cooked on a baking tray lined with a silicone sheet and sprayed them lightly with fry light. Yummy :)

hi all, i'm going to try and make these tonight for me and my hubby and going to have them with s.w chips i will add a pic if they turn out ok cant wait to taste them yum yum i hope lol :D

This is tonights dinner sorted out. Just hope I can get the chicken bovril if not will use a stock cube.

I used a stock cube and it worked o.k.

We had it on Thursday.

It was a very nice crispy coating and the chicken was really tender, very tasty but a tad too spicy. Next time I will half the amount of pepper and chili and add more mixed herbs.

It mixes really easily with the egg.

I usually mix the stock cube with the other spices and the breadcrumbs - so guess it can work either way

Back