KFC Chicken done the SW way

Hi everyone,

I'm new and joined because I came across this site by accident when looking for a party food recipe. I made the KFC style chicken this afternoon and it's so yummy! Tonight I have my WI and we all have to bring party food....I can't wait for everyone to try it! I'm a bit of an outsider because I'm new to the group, but hopefully everyone will want to chat to me tonight and ask where the recipe is from. Hurrah!

Love C x

Hope they enjoy it miss clarabelle, let us all know how it goes x

They LOVED it. I went to the plate to get some myself and there was none left! Soooo many people asked where the recipe was from and I told them about this amazing messageboard. Everyone had bought lovely snacks to try and I got some fantastic new ideas. I think this week I'll be doing lots of cooking!...especially as I put on half a pound, doh.

I am attempting to make this for dinner tonight

I am cooking this for the first time tonight and I must say I am quite excited about it due to reading all of the posts!!! :)

I am known in the family as a can't cook won't cook sort of person! I can make a peice of toast and something will go wrong!

So far the lasagne crisps have helped me overcome this rep and all of my mums friends ask me to make them. I am hoping this recipie will be one to overcome this as well!

Wish me luck :D

it is less dry if you boil the chicken before, when coated it only needs 5-10 mins in the oven. i love this recipie, and have done it with all cuts of chicken now, tho my fav is thighs!

Just had this and oh my days. It's so much better than I thought it would be! My OH loves it too. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Emily

SW Version of KFC Chicken

I think its probbaly me being thick but Im confused about this being Syn free. Surely its only Syn Free on Red and EE....not Green??

I want to make it tonight so can someone clarify for me???

I'd imagine it's not free on green unless using the chicken as a healthy extra but I'm not entirely sure! Sorry. :(

Emily

I finally got around to making this, I've been looking everywhere for the chicken bovril and not found it so I made it with 2 chicken oxo cubes.

it was very nice, but I think the bovril will make it much better so I will continue my search.

I boiled the drumsticks & the skin just fell off really easily, much easier than skinning it raw.

xxx

Making this tonight!!! EXCITED!!

Quite possibly the nicest dinner ive ever made.
LOVED IT.
Made it with skinny SW fries, beans, sweetcorn&onion mix, coleslaw and hubby had proper kfc bbq sauce we had in the fridge from months ago when we last had a real KFC.
Was just amazing!

I tried this after reading it here before I joined, and it was really nice.Not as nice as KFC but nice nevertheless! I think next time though I will tweak it a bit by trying crushed cereal or couscous (?) instead of breadcrumbs.
Thumbs up from me.

Back