KFC Chicken done the SW way

That recipe looks fantastic. Can't wait to try it. :D

mine was just so very dry ! do you use the big jar of chicken boveril? I only used the small jar - AND I found it a bit too spicey - will try it again though. Hubby kinda liked it although he said it was nothing like KFC?

I tried it last saturday but I didnt boil the meat first (not sure why it suggests you do that, surely it will be dry and tough?), just cut chicken breasts into chunks or strips and coat in the goo then breadcrumb mix. Taste was really fabulous, the whole family enjoyed it with Syn free wedges and baked beans and Hubby said was the best recipe so far! Its a bit like KFC but without the grease!

yeah, I think it would ok with strips of chicken not to boil but I think boiling chicken legs first makes it more moist and helps to remove the skin.
I think this is one of those recies that everyoe loves but everyone does a slightly different way isn't it?:D

Is this FOR REAL!!!!!!! I cannot WAIT to try it out :) x

i liked this the only thing was i thought it was really really salty! i didnt salt it i think it was the bovril that done it but it was lovely i done it with the chicken strips

does this really taste like kfc?xx

Have put this on my list of things to try, sounds really nice, everything is worth a try

Can you freeze and reheat these?

Made this last night with Turkey steaks and swapped the crushed garlic and black pepper for Schwartz Garlic Pepper (my-can't-live-without-ingredient!) and it was uber delish! Had with Actifry chippies and beans. Now on my favourites list.

yummy! I am going to try this tonight using quorn pieces and see how it turns out as I find after following this plan for a while you end up eating the same things and get bored so thanks for all the recipe ideas.
I will let you know how it turns out and will try and take a picture

Back