KFC Chicken done the SW way

I have just had this with free food chios done in the actifry and mushy oeas and sweetcorn it was delicious!
I didnt boil it and made it with 4 chicken breasts. My fiance loved it and said it was nicer than original KFC I used half a jar of chicken bovril which I bought in Morrisons I used crushed garlic and garlic powder, Garum masala and half a tspn of black pepper it was delicious
xxxx

OMG this was so tasty. Bought two whole chickens and jointed them (that way you get free carcasses for stock!), added cayenne pepper and served with corn on the cob, homemade BBQ beans and chunky wedges. So tasty.

i've started a shopping list never used chicken bovril but sounds yummy ...i think thats dinner sorted for tomorrow

I need to get some chicken bovril and try this!

Chicken Bovril is amazing! It really makes the chicken taste of KFC!

This is one of my all time fave SW recipes, made it about 5 times so far xxxx

MancBird said:
Chicken Bovril is amazing! It really makes the chicken taste of KFC!

This is one of my all time fave SW recipes, made it about 5 times so far xxxx

Trying this tonight, can't wait yum

Its fine to boil them, then take the skin off. I find it easier to pull off after they have cooked and cooled a little. For example, you can cook a chicken with skin on, then take it off and eat chicken. SW suggest you take it off first not to be tempted to eat it but you can cook with it on.

When this would be an issue is if you were going to use the water for something, or for eg you cooked the drumsticks in a sauce, the fat would go into the sauce then which you would eat. Make sence? x

The boiling also makes the chicken really moist, they are then cooked and only need crisping up in the oven.

I made these last night, I just took the skin of the chicken before cooking. I didn't boil them at all, just coated them and cooked in oven for 50 minutes. They were lovely! And I can't wait to have them again.

Hi everyone just wanted to say that I made a slightly amended version of this and me and my family loved it.

4 chicken drummers and 4 thighs
1 Maagi chicken stock cube (I used this as it is halaal but you can use any brand I suppose).
1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
4 slices brown bread from 400g loaf
1 clove garlic crushed
1 large egg

Method
steam chicken in pressure cooker for 5 mins or you can boil the chicken for 30 mins. Once chicken is cooked drain and leave to cool. Next put the bread, stock cube, pepper and chilli flakes in a food processor an whiz to make the bread crumbs (untill it looks like cooked cous cous). Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees (Mine is fan). Line a baking tray with foil and spray with fry light ready to put the coated chicken on. Next set up your production line of steamed chicken, egg beaten with the cushed garlic clove and a plate with the bread crumb mixture. Dip the chicken in the egg and cover it with the bread crumbs and keep placing each piece on the baking tray. Once all the pieces are coated spray them with fry light and bake them in the oven for 10 minutes each side spraying with fry light when you turn them. I served mine with slimming world chips and they went down a treat! I hope you enjoy this as much as me and my family did. I just found this way less messy for some reason and I didn't have to adjust the timings for the chips as it was exacly the same as the chicken (par boil chips in salted water for 5 mins, drain, put on a baking sheet sprayed with fry light and spray chips lightly with fry light and turn once when you turn the chicken). Hope I didn't bore you as this the first time I've posted on here....xx

gonnabesmall said:
all of you who do breadcrumbs(and this may sound daft) but do you toast the bread 1st or no??????
i usualy toast mine

Yeah I don't have a blender to do them so I stick bread on low heat in the oven so it doesn't brown but goes crisp. Then I slice it through centre to make it really thin and put it back in. Then crumble by hand. I think I might do a big batch and freeze next time so I have some to hand when I need it.

Back