KFC Chicken done the SW way

Sounds lovely...I love KFC. Hope it's the same :p:D:D Thanks a lot Mxx

Sarahlou89 said:
Hubby to be is making me this tomorow for v.day :)
Im going to do an EE day so can have some yummy sw chips :)
But im really confused with the syn value...can anyone enlighten me lol

It's only the bread you have syn or use it as a healthy extra ;)

mine didn't turn out anything like KFC???? I think I will have to try it again.

I made this on Saturday night was really yummy I used only thighs as they tend to stay very tender, breast will dry out! I poached the thighs in water for 20 mins then peeled skin off! Any excess fat from chicken comes out in poaching water, don't need to toast bread before blitzing it in food processor as it toasts up in oven! The bovril paste can be a bit salty so I add a little water to dilute it!

The chicken only needs 15 mins in oven as already cooked from poaching it, just until the bread crumbs are crispy!

My OH who is an avid KFC eater absolutely loved this!! He can't wait to have it again! Served with chips and green veg tossed in FF yoghurt, crushed garlic and Dijon mustard! Yum yum!

We just had this for lunch, it was AMAZING!! X

A thought plain cous cous and mixed herbs instead of bread crumbs !! (Have used chill cous cous worked well but not with the gloop ) ...... ??

This is one of my bf's favourites. I make it alot when i get invaded by the Bf's brothers and friends all shouting at the t.v (So-called watching football) :) They all love it and cant believe that its "DIET" food and they love the sw chips too. The only problem is its too good as they keep coming back for it hehe :) x

oh im so gonna try this, sounds delicious KFC is my fave fast food so this is ideal x

Slimming world KFC

OMG, this is amazing! The whole family could not get enough of it!

Where do you get the slimming world icons from?:newbie:

We have just had this tonight! Flipping gorge!!!

Kids and hubby loved it, it was a real hit, and hubby commented that he could have eaten more! 4 drumsticks and 3 goujons obviously werent enough!! The man has hollow legs! He is 6ft3, and 11 stone dripping wet!!! :eek:

Will definately make this again! I didnt put the mixed spice in, as when i first mixed all the spices together it smelt well odd with the mixed spice, so i binned it and started again also used garlic granules and not crushed garlic! All in all a massive hit! I agree that it felt like it was a naughty tea - and it sooo wasnt! mmmmm!

Gutted hubby ate so much - no leftovers!!!

Lush! Only used half amount of chilli and pepper cos I wanted my daughter to eat some! She loved it, I loved it! Thank you! X

Just made the SW KFC and it is absolutely gorgeous, tastes as good as the real thing.

Hi, has anyone tried both ways...boiling and not boiliang? Can you taste any difference?

Boiling makes the meat lovely and moist, which you wont get if you have to leave it in the oven for longer imo!

Back