KFC Chicken done the SW way

Really need to get my butt into gear and try this recipe!!

Paula
-x-

Just a tip that helped me on my second attempt making KFC chicken (this may have been mentioned before but it made the result so much better for me)

Once you have blended your breadcrumbs, spread them out on a plate and put them in the oven to toast for 10 minutes - it means they roll onto your bovril-coated chicken so much better.

I didn't toast them on my first attempt and they went all clumpy :D

I keep meaning to try this recipe, so thanks for the tip re toasting the breadcrumbs!

Fantastic - thanks for the recipe.

I love this sooo much we have it regularly :) All of my family love it as well so its always a win win dinner :) xx

Ooo will give this a go and possibly try using plain cous cous instead of bread saving the heb ... It's worth a try ... But won't put cous cous through blender as you may have to syn it ? ;) x

Did you try it with the cous cous? Did it work?

This recipe sounds gorgeous, I can't wait to try it out - thank you!!

Mmmmm this is my tea tonight. You've all got my hopes up so it better be good!! xx

You certainly didnt let me down...yummy!! x

Well I did this last night it was absoloutely devine! Slightly different to recipe here but so grateful to this thread for the idea!

Only thing different was I used 1tsp mixed spice, 1tsp blakc pepper, 1tsp paprika and 1tsp mustard powder. Also mixed it into the breadcrumbs rather than the sauce and only used a few tbsp of the bovril.

Was so good though, had it with SW fries, home made coleslaw, beans and a corn on the cob. Mmmmm

LostGirl said:
anything else i can use instead of chicken bovril? i can use the knorr chicken stock pots?

There's another recipe on this thread somewhere way back using chicken stock cubes not got round to trying it yet though bovril a tad salty but on the whole Delish :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

have to say this was yummy!!....... can't say it tasted like KFC but it was definately a tastey alternative..... will definately be doing it again...... i might try coating the chicken raw and frying with fry light as it was a tad dry after being in the oven!!

:D:D:D

Oh thanks for that, will have to give this a go I think. Our c gave us the recipe at group last week so I am building my recipe file up nicely!

Back