KFC Chicken done the SW way

Oh thanks for that, will have to give this a go I think. Our c gave us the recipe at group last week so I am building my recipe file up nicely!

Yeh boiling the chicken then putting it in the oven does dry it out somewhat. But well worth a try!

Syn Free KFC

10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

Enjoy!

KFC Here we come....I reckon you could put this in a wrap with some cheese and salad using HEX too!!!

I'm veggie & thought i could try this with quorn but....does anyone have any idea what i could replace bovril with?

Thankies x

Hmm :) that sounds good Thank you.

Will it make enough in comparison to the bovril tub? How much does the bovril tub weigh? Sorry for the questions...i've never bought bovril :D

OMG... I made SW KFC tonight & its gorgeous! Family loved it too. I have been a SW member for a while & lost 1st 7lb. I am now stuck in a bit of a recipe rut & have decided to re-start my jouney.... I joined this site yesterday for some motivation & have a whole bunch of meals waiting to be tried :) Thank you x

I'm new here, this is my second week on the SW plan and I tried this recipe on Sunday. It was absolutely gorgeous, definitely going to be a regular in this house now :D

Syn Free KFC

1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
4 x Slices brown bread

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

Enjoy!

KFC Here we come....I reckon you could put this in a wrap with some cheese and salad using HEX too!!!

Hi, Im sorry if this question has been answered before- but how is this syn free? it certainly wouldn't be on the EE plan, right? Im referring to the bread content- even if you took 1 slice of brown bread as your hex b.. you still have to syn the other 3 slices.. ?

Hi, Im sorry if this question has been answered before- but how is this syn free? it certainly wouldn't be on the EE plan, right? Im referring to the bread content- even if you took 1 slice of brown bread as your hex b.. you still have to syn the other 3 slices.. ?

I'm only new here myself but I think it's because this recipe serves 4 so you'd only really be having 1 slice of bread yourself!

Sorry if this has already been asked, i haven't read through this long thread, but Chicken Bovril Paste won't be available over here so what could i use as an alternative?

Chicken oxo mixed with a small amount of hot water

Did you try it with the cous cous? Did it work?

This recipe sounds gorgeous, I can't wait to try it out - thank you!!

sorry ive took a while to reply yes i did was yummy used the ainsley harriot flavoured ones i counted bout 2 syns per packet ;)

Sorry if this has already been asked, i haven't read through this long thread, but Chicken Bovril Paste won't be available over here so what could i use as an alternative?

We like this better, we tend to cut a breast into strips.

KFC THE SLIMMING WORLD WAY

2 x chicken oxo cubes
1 x Egg
4 x Slices brown bread

Method

Place the bread and mixed herbes and chicken oxo cubes crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Mix the egg in a separate bowl.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by.

Now dip the chicken in the egg and then cover with breadcrumb mixture.

Enjoy! FOUND THIS hope it helps !!:)

Can anyone say if this is tasty the next day / cold? Thinking about some chicken strips with salad for lunch.

Back