KFC Chicken done the SW way

I love this recipe!!! But i couldn't get chicken bovril today, but have found that oxo do stock in a tube that is very similar to bovril, i bought this and it makes a brilliant substitute!!

im going to have to try this, im miss fast food, ive had chicken kebabs from the kebab shop which is nice and count the pitta and have lots of salad mmmmmmm

I tried this last night. Was lovely but the only thing was that the breadcrumbs didn't stick too well to the chicken so was a bit patchy. Not sure if this is because I used 2 oxo cubes and a bit of water to make a paste...or because my breadcrumbs were a bit big. Any ideas?

I tried this last night. Was lovely but the only thing was that the breadcrumbs didn't stick too well to the chicken so was a bit patchy. Not sure if this is because I used 2 oxo cubes and a bit of water to make a paste...or because my breadcrumbs were a bit big. Any ideas?
I usually leave my bread out for a few hours to go dry as it makes better breadcrumbs. Seems to stick a bit better that way.

i just dip mine in egg and leave the bovril out of it i then season the breadcrumbs and process and dip the chicken strips in,

this s the best recipe everr!!xx

i just dip mine in egg and leave the bovril out of it i then season the breadcrumbs and process and dip the chicken strips in,

this s the best recipe everr!!xx

Think I will try it with egg instead of bovril, it was too strong for me.
I used flavoured couscous instead of breadcrumbs and it worked great. xxx Looby

I'm making this AGAIN for tea tonight...... this time i'm not boiling the chicken first as i think it dries the chicken out too much!

:D:D:D

I made this for tea tonight with carrot chips and salad...oh loved it and i wish id made more!!! so yummy....didnt have the chicken bovil, but will try tht next time!!!

I tried this last night with the boyfriend who's on SW too. We adore KFC. We followed the recipe exactly from the first page and agreed it had that salty spicy flavour of KFC but with the amount of mixed spice it definitely has a moroccan edge to it! Was still lovely as I'm always on the look out for exciting meaty marinades for when I get bored of roast chicken!

I'm a student with no food processor :cry:but we grated the slices of bread into fine breadcrumbs and it worked really well. :)

kfc chicken

i do mine with chicken thighs & boneless fillets,(i remove the skin before simmering) simmer 4 15mins,

mix bovril with a 2tsp of chilli powder,
3x crushed garlic cloves,
3tsp of raja chick seasoning(asda pasta isle)
3tsp of crushed black pepper
1x egg
mix it all together

i blitz/grate the bread 4x slices nimble w/meal with tbsp of mixed herbs
tbps of crushed black pepper

drain chicken, coat in bovril mix then into the breadcrumbs, spray baking sheet with fry light & into the oven on gas7/230 for 10/15 mins til br/crumbs crispy

I'm making this AGAIN for tea tonight...... this time i'm not boiling the chicken first as i think it dries the chicken out too much!

:D:D:D

hi

try simmering chicken slowly for 15 mins not boiling & should stay nice and moist :)

Just to add, the next day I mixed the same mix of herbs and spices (well I've bought them now! :eek:) into some passata, poured over chicken breasts and skinned drumsticks and baked and they were gorgeous. Give it a try!

I made this with cous cous last week. I didn't boil it first, and I added 1/2 tsp sweetener to the bovril and used 1/2 jar.
It was so nice! Even my hubby and son liked it. The only thing I will say is if you uise Cous Cous don't overcook the chicken (as I did as I got the timings for the chips wrong) as it goes very hard lol!
I put 1/2 the flavourings in the bovril/egg mixture and 1/2 in the cous cous.

im making this tonight, but doing the version without mixed spice and just chicken oxo cube, not bovril pasta stuff. dont know how many xoo cubes to use for 4 breasts though, maybe il use two. anyone know? xxx

juicygooseface said:
im making this tonight, but doing the version without mixed spice and just chicken oxo cube, not bovril pasta stuff. dont know how many xoo cubes to use for 4 breasts though, maybe il use two. anyone know? xxx

I would use 2 :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

thankyou! i just realised my awful spelling..tut tut! used paxo breadcrumbs for 2.5syns for half the 28g, and theyre going in the oven, hope theyre nice i reckon theyll be really crunchy :D xxx

Last edited:
Back