KFC Chicken done the SW way

forget that post, ive boiled them and added 2 chicken stock cubes to the water and it smells yum :) xxx

Just have to try this soon, getting stuck finding one. I went to buy the ingredients and have a few questions to get it right, I could not find a paste, I found and bought Bovril in a jar hope its right. Found an image, hope its right as I bought it.
Cooking |  British Allsorts
Is this the bovril I need top row far right?

When it says in original recipe chicken drummers is this another name for drumsticks, if so has anybody tried thighs?

This recipe is yum! :) I made it as per the recipe above the 1st time, then with raw chicken breast strips instead of boiled pieces.

I added my spices to the breadcrumbs instead of the egg mix (Italian herbs, paprika, cayenne pepper, chilli, onion and garlic powder, Cajun spices, pepper). I also used half a jar of Bovril as I thought a whole jar would be too much!

Jo* said:
Just have to try this soon, getting stuck finding one. I went to buy the ingredients and have a few questions to get it right, I could not find a paste, I found and bought Bovril in a jar hope its right. Found an image, hope its right as I bought it.
Cooking | British Allsorts
Is this the bovril I need top row far right?

When it says in original recipe chicken drummers is this another name for drumsticks, if so has anybody tried thighs?

That's it! I think it would be nicer with thighs, more juicy! :)

ooh yes i had chicken thighs and drumsticks last night and boiled them first and they were beautiful and really moist too! it was reallly really yum and oh loved it too! xxx

hi guys can wait too try the kfc style chicken when i saw the post i had look three times lol xxx

goodluck clair xxx

wigglyworm said:
hi guys can wait too try the kfc style chicken when i saw the post i had look three times lol xxx

goodluck clair xxx

How did yours turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ohh thank you for this!! Looks yummy!

I made this yesterday, and it was far too salty, even my other half, who adds salt to everything said it was too salty, it must be the Chicken bovril is the cause. :(

beezy said:
I made this yesterday, and it was far too salty, even my other half, who adds salt to everything said it was too salty, it must be the Chicken bovril is the cause. :(

I only use half a jar on mine, it's always turned out well :)

I used this mix to coat Onions for onions rings and breaded mushrooms alongside the KFC.

I prefer soaking the chicken for an hour beforehand , and then putting the chicken in a bag and adding the breadcrumbs and shaking them up to coat.

I find thighs and wings do this better than sliced up breast.

Back