KFC Chicken done the SW way

Yum we have just had this again for dinner but had to use oxo cubes cos dont have bovril in. I also coated some mushrooms in the mix and fried them with fry light they were delicious xxx

This may have already been asked but there's 38 pages on this thread!

When it says 4 slices of bread is this the 800g or 400g loaf slices? Thanks

Sio said:
This may have already been asked but there's 38 pages on this thread!

When it says 4 slices of bread is this the 800g or 400g loaf slices? Thanks

400g. That way you can use it as your HEB X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just tried this and it was lovely. Will be having it again :)
Really like the idea of cooling them and having them for dinner with pasta or salad

Can you make it up so follow the recipe until you get to cooking it in the oven but instead put it in the fridge for tomorrows dinner and just cook it then? Would it go a bit soggy?

I have made it and froze it cooked without the bread crumbs then put the crumb on when they had defrosted that worked really well :-D

Syn free KFC style chicken drumsticks made with Smash instant potato instead of bread crumbs:

INGREDIENTS
9 skinless chicken drumsticks, all visible fat removed
1 egg
2 Tsp of chicken Bovril
Frylight
Half a cup of Smash instant potato flakes
1 Tsp of black pepper
1 Maggi cube
0.5-1 Tsp of onion powder
0.5-1 Tsp of garlic powder/salt
0.5-1 Tsp of sweet paprika
0.5-1 Tsp of chilli powder (you can leave this out if you don't want it too hot)

METHOD
Beat the egg and Bovril until well combined

Mix all of the spices into the potato flakes - stir through with a spoon to make sure the spices are distributed evenly.

Dip each (raw) drumstick into the egg until covered. Then place in the bowl with the potato/spice mix. The egg will allow the potato/spice mix to cling to the meat. Repeat until all drumsticks are caked in the potato/spice mix.

Lay the drumsticks on a baking sheet sprayed with Frylight. Spray the chicken as well. Cook until golden brown.

Loved this - didn't taste at all potato-y. The Instant potato acts similar to flour and came out really flavourful. My son had the idea that instead of adding all the spices to the potato, you could perhaps add a ready made spice mix such as the Maggi so Juicy (4-5.5 syns per pack) or the Old El Paso chicken fajita BBQ mix (4.5 syns per pack)

Attachments

• PA070004.jpg
    PA070004.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 2,036
  • PA070007.jpg
    PA070007.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 12,983
Syn free KFC style chicken drumsticks made with Smash instant potato instead of bread crumbs:

INGREDIENTS
9 skinless chicken drumsticks, all visible fat removed
1 egg
2 Tsp of chicken Bovril
Frylight
Half a cup of Smash instant potato flakes
1 Tsp of black pepper
1 Maggi cube
0.5-1 Tsp of onion powder
0.5-1 Tsp of garlic powder/salt
0.5-1 Tsp of sweet paprika
0.5-1 Tsp of chilli powder (you can leave this out if you don't want it too hot)

METHOD
Beat the egg and Bovril until well combined

Mix all of the spices into the potato flakes - stir through with a spoon to make sure the spices are distributed evenly.

Dip each (raw) drumstick into the egg until covered. Then place in the bowl with the potato/spice mix. The egg will allow the potato/spice mix to cling to the meat. Repeat until all drumsticks are caked in the potato/spice mix.

Lay the drumsticks on a baking sheet sprayed with Frylight. Spray the chicken as well. Cook until golden brown.

Loved this - didn't taste at all potato-y. The Instant potato acts similar to flour and came out really flavourful. My son had the idea that instead of adding all the spices to the potato, you could perhaps add a ready made spice mix such as the Maggi so Juicy (4-5.5 syns per pack) or the Old El Paso chicken fajita BBQ mix (4.5 syns per pack)

I am making this tonight. I have made this before with breadcrumbs but never thought about doing it this way yum yum

xxx

Made this sometime ago and totally forgot that I took a pic... so here it is :) Must add the family love it! :family2:

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 2,566
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Sounds really great, the chicken must be very tender if it's boiled before being baked! Yum! Can't wait to try! :)

Sounds yum!

sounds really good!! need to give that a go :)

I made it this week and it was yummy! Definitely a favourite with the OH. I only used half a jar of Bovril though because a whole jar seemed like a lot and I think I made the right decision! It was delish but I think more Bovril might have spoilt it.

Back