KFC Chicken done the SW way

I'm liking the sound of this, i will be giving this one a try for sure. Thank you for the recipe

sorry this has probably been asked before but 41 pages of a thread? nope.
anyway, do you syn the bovril?

Hiya, gonna mk this tonight but I cant find garlic puree, help !! Will it work without?? Xx

I just used a crushed clove of garlic!

I hv garlic granules, just realised I don't hv an egg, used it this morning. Will giv it a go without.:)
What are the.measurements if bovril etc x

I hv garlic granules, just realised I don't hv an egg, used it this morning. Will giv it a go without.:)
What are the.measurements if bovril etc x

The original recipe says to use the full jar but I found that was far too much and I only ever use half of the jar. Not sure how it will turn out without the egg though... bovril is quite thick, the egg "waters it down" a bit. I sometimes end up adding an extra egg depending on how much Chicken i am doing.

I tried this but never worked out!!! The chicken breasts never seemed as if they were cooked all the way through and I had more of the sauce mixture in the tray than on the chicken!! I had everything for it but didnt have the garlic puree. I used the garlic granules and thought it would work the same. I used half the jar of bovril rather than the full tub as I read a comment on here to say that the full jar was too much :-( I am confused !! I was really looking forward to this meal !!!

Will be trying this at the weekend. It's great finding all these 'takeaway' recipes on this site, makes me feel like I'm not missing out either!

Syn Free KFC

10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

Enjoy!

KFC Here we come....I reckon you could put this in a wrap with some cheese and salad using HEX too!!!

Thank you for this recipe

I made this chicken on Sunday and it really is quite tasty. i munched on some, shared some and used the rest for lunch the next day with salad. it's quite a lot for a 'b' option though!! i managed to get about 24 pieces so i am doing 1/2 a syn a piece.

I made this last night, absolutely fantastic! I was quite dubious to be honest, but this is a good healthy substitution for KFC, but even my OH was impressed!

Thanks again for posting the recipe.

Sounds yummy... how many grams is a tub of chicken bovril paste? I have a small jar of chicken bovril in the cupboard will that do? xx

Back