KFC Chicken done the SW way

Ooops

Is there anything other than Chicken Bovril that can be used to make this ? I am in Australia and cannot get Chicken Bovril anywhere, only original.

sue273 said:
hi how much chicken bovril did you use?

Original recipe says fill jar but half jar is definitely enough x

Hey guys, i've seen a few times on this thread people have had trouble getting chicken bovril. I found sqeezy chicken oxo in asda today and its free too so i used that. It worked really well. I must say i didnt expect the kfc chicken to be as good as it was but it was truely delicious and very filling. A little fiddly but worth the time. :)

I just made this and finished it, it was AMAZING. Seriously couldn't believe how good it tasted, I actually think it's better than KFC because sometimes KFC is too salty and fatty for my liking.

Attachments

• 423948_10151206486660587_795780586_22790559_83498102_n.jpg
    423948_10151206486660587_795780586_22790559_83498102_n.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 271
I finally got round to trying this last week. I didn't read the recipe properly and didn't realise they did a chicken bovril so I did it with beef and it was delicious!

cant wait to try this and my husband is super excited :) think its the only thing he is missing x:D

Fredderfy said:
Me too. Me and the boyf are going to the cinema and was gonna have something out, but to help me in my first week of SW we've decided that I'm cooking for him and I want to cook him something he will think is amazing as slimming food, so he loves KFC and I think this is perfect. I'm also making him that giant jaffa cake for desert (but with strawb jelly as he doesn't like orange jelly)

Giant Jaffa cake???? Tell me more !!!

I made the KFC chicken last night and everyone really enjoyed it!

Purposely made too much as many of the comments said it tasted better the next day - I have to disagree with that, eughhh! The crumbs had done weird and the chicken was really tough!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I shall try this this week, the only recipe I have is using the herbs only, yes it's nice but not the same having that little bit of breadcrumb coating.... a few syn free chips and sides and I'll be in heaven....

Back