KFC Chicken done the SW way

I'm cooking this tonight!! Co-op only had Beef Bovril but Bisto have now brought out a paste in a tube so using that. Think I'm going to go with the very early posts and omit the chilli and mixed spice. Having it with SW chips or jacket can't decide!! x :D:D:D:D

I cooked it last night and it was crappy :( and I eat anything. The sauce ended up all on the bottom and the breadcumbs in a soggy mess. The chicken just tasted boiled yuk! Any advuc please????

I'm going to try again with breast strips as I won't be defeated and I tasted a bit n the bottom and it was nice :/

I cooked it last night and it was crappy :( and I eat anything. The sauce ended up all on the bottom and the breadcumbs in a soggy mess. The chicken just tasted boiled yuk! Any advuc please????

I'm going to try again with breast strips as I won't be defeated and I tasted a bit n the bottom and it was nice :/

Did you use the method in the Youtube video? I don't do that, don't like the look of it.

I always just use strips of breast, never boil them first. I dip them in the bovril mix (let most of the excess drip off) and then roll them in breadcrumbs, then lay them on a frylighted roasting tin. Leave them for 12-15 minutes and they're gorgeous!

Yes I did! Just poured it over! Cheers I'll def have another go and try that way thank you :)

Had this for the first time tonight and it was yummy!! I left out the mixed spice and upped the chilli a bit.

Oh my word! I tried this twice this weekend. Once with beef Bovril as I couldn't find the chicken one and I used 2 bread slices for the breadcrumbs and mixed in smash. I cooked the chicken in the oven, no par-boiling.
I made these again for lunch today with chicken Bovril and they were amazing! I didn't bother with the breadcrumbs this time and only used smash and they were wonderfully syn-free.
I only used 1/2 of the jar of Bovril, no par-boiling, and added mixed herbs, chilli powder, mixed spice and garlic into one beaten egg.
I served these with SW chips and spring greens and carrots. I shall make these regularly now I reckon. :eating:

but the receipe isnt free as it has bread in it right?
and the chicken bovril paste is it the normal bovril jar?

It's free if you use the breadcrumbs as a HexB. And yeah, it's just the normal bovril jar.

stf180 said:
but the receipe isnt free as it has bread in it right?
and the chicken bovril paste is it the normal bovril jar?

You can use a HEB for the bread and the chicken bovril is next ti normal bovril in shops and is yellow labelled instead of red.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My daughter does the recipe totally HEB and syn free by using DRY Smash with a chicken oxo and planty of mixed herbs crumbled in. Cut the chicken into strips, coat in egg and then roll in the smash mixture and put it on a fry lited baking tray. It's very nice and less fiddly than the one with bread. x

Hmm this is right up my street! may just have to give this a whirl tomorrow night :)

Back