KFC Chicken done the SW way

Finally got round to making this ....

I did however do my own take on it.

Chicken strips.
Beaten Egg.
Soaked cous cous with half a chicken oxo crumbled in with garlic granules and a few chili flakes

Very tasty :)

That will be full of syns as you are not using the cous cous in the intended form. Cous cous is meant to be made up with water, not coated on chicken for KFC chicken

Sorry to the bearer of bad news- look up the syn value of cous cous on a red day, and you'll have to count it as syns- you could be looking at 20/30 syns!!!

bethibobshobnobs said:
That will be full of syns as you are not using the cous cous in the intended form. Cous cous is meant to be made up with water, not coated on chicken for KFC chicken

Sorry to the bearer of bad news- look up the syn value of cous cous on a red day, and you'll have to count it as syns- you could be looking at 20/30 syns!!!

Think it's about sing your common sense at the end of the day, this recipe can be done with the couscous cooked anyway!!!!!

Keldelacoe said:
Think it's about sing your common sense at the end of the day, this recipe can be done with the couscous cooked anyway!!!!!

*using

I understand where you are coming from but it was eaten as part of a meal, not as a snack as per cous cous cake which you would have to syn.

It is no different to having my Friday night fave of chicken and cous cous salad- the meal was practically identical in it's proportion just arranged differently on my plate lol!

Evening All - last night at class a lady was saying there is a recipe to make a some KFC tasting chicken the SW way - I have looked everywhere but can't find it though - does anyone have it or have any idea where I should start looking?

Cheers all
I saw one on youtube

I have just found this link - It looks delicious!

KFC Style Chicken (Slimming World) - YouTube

I don't recommend using the method in the video as lots of people have found it's not very nice. Instead of pouring it all over the pieces, try dipping the pieces into the bovril mix and letting most of it drip off before rolling in the breadcrumbs - tastes a whole lot better!

Chipmunk89 said:
I don't recommend using the method in the video as lots of people have found it's not very nice. Instead of pouring it all over the pieces, try dipping the pieces into the bovril mix and letting most of it drip off before rolling in the breadcrumbs - tastes a whole lot better!

I agree here I did it this way the mixture lay on the bottom and the chicken tasted boiled!!! Vile! Did it again as chip says but with chicken breast and no pre boiling (no need) and I LOVE salt but it was salty for me I think a whole jar is too much but this attempt was gorgeous! X

ohhh going to have to try this

can't wait to make this again, it was a favourite of mine last time I did SW.
I've not made it with the bread as I have no food processor to make the bread crums so I use couscous... delish.

guesswho said:
can't wait to make this again, it was a favourite of mine last time I did SW.
I've not made it with the bread as I have no food processor to make the bread crums so I use couscous... delish.

You don't need a food processor just toast and grate :)

Sounds gorgeous my other half and the kids would love this

I'm gonna try this recipe tomorrow. If it is like KFC I can see it being on my menu regularly that's for sure.

Mmm this was so yummy! Next time I would add more of the bovril (I only used about half) and more of the mixed spice then less of the herbs. But it was quite delicious.

Back