KFC Chicken done the SW way

Can anyone tellme please how many syns on a red day making the chicken with smash coating would be please? Making it tonight

Can anyone tellme please how many syns on a red day making the chicken with smash coating would be please? Making it tonight

just need to syn the smash

going to have this tomorrow, hubbie looking forward to as not had KFC for ages.....

this was yummy, so easy and definitely having it again.

Finally got round to making this tonight and it was sooooo good! Had it with sweet potato wedges and homemade red coleslaw (red onion, red cabbage and carrot mixed with extra low fat mayo) yum yum. And enough left for lunch tomoro.

hey kat, you can get the bovril from morrions as asda does not do it...

filmlover said:
boril is free, but would the bread not be syns?

You must use the bread as your Healthy Extra B for this to be syn free :)

But you only get 2 slices of bread as a healthy extra b

Yeah, 2 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs is about enough for one portion of this. Obviously if you were cooking for 2 people, you'd use 4 slices etc etc

could you use cous cous instead of the bread?

Hi, long time lurker first time poster. Just wondering if anyone else had tips for getting the breadcrumbs to actually stick to the chicken... I dip mine in the eggs and then roll it around in a bowl of breadcrumbs but the pieces are never totally covered - still come out nice and tasty but would love them to be totally and evenly covered in crumbs.

Also would anyone know how many syns there are in say one average sized drumstick with the breadcrumb coating if for example you didn't want to use the bread for your hex b/had already had a hex b? thanx

I don't have any problem getting the breadcrumbs to stick. Are you just dipping it in egg or are you using the original Bovril recipe because it sticks to it great when its covered in the Bovril mix?

Back