KFC Chicken done the SW way

Ignore this! I got some chicken stock pots which did the job. Just eating now and it's a bit dry but I can tell where the recipe is going with the KFC spice thing :D

hi felix , was it ok with the stockpot ? how did you coat the chicken in it? or am i being realllllyyy dumb !

Lizmee said:
hi felix , was it ok with the stockpot ? how did you coat the chicken in it? or am i being realllllyyy dumb !

It was quite nice! Next time I would just do it with raw chicken rather than boiling first as it went a bit dry. I used a silicon marinating brush thing and just squished all the stock pot about so it wasn't so stuck in one jellied lump and then coated the chicken. It was quite difficult so towards the end I just mushed up the stock pot with my hands and rubbed it on the chicken!

I tried this today with smash! It worked pretty well. I used a chicken stock pot to, with a bit of hot water to make it pasty and mixed it with the egg. So I dipped the chicken into that mixture, rolled the chicken in the smash flakes and seasoning, then dipped it back in the egg, then back in the smash! I over seasoned it so mine was really salty, but next time if I change the seasoning it should be perfect! :)

we have done this on a saurday as its time consuming and a treat. we have it with a large portion of homemade coleslaw and syn free chips yumyum!

Can I just ask the people that have used smash instead of breadcrumbs....does it taste like smash when you've cooked it or is it no different? My OH hates smash but I'd like to use my hex b for something else so smash would be great....I plan to sneak it on and not tell him lol x

It doesnt taste like smash. i made a mix of smash,dried coriander,thyme and parsley to coat mine in.

I made this with smash for the second time tonight and got it right!! It was really yummy! I used paprika (quite a lot), ground chilli, mixed herbs, bit of ground coriander and garlic pepper. The SW hating family were impressed as well! :) definitely making this again!

Hi I have just joined. Can someone tell me how much smash to use instead of the bread. Thanks

I found the answer reading through the thread. Have just made this and it is gorgeous. Had it with egg fried rice, can't believe it was all free. I love this diet :)

Last edited:
My consultant says that the Smash thing is a no-no because you are "tweaking",.... she has said that you'd need to syn it because the normal everyday person off the street wouldnt use smash instead of breadcrumbs... is she right, or is she just being over cautious on the whole "missuse of food" issue?

Going to give this a go tonight :) I don't have any bovril paste, so I am just going to wing it with chicken stock cube mixed into a paste, fingers crossed!

It worked out, it was lovely! I ended up doing a smash version with a hybrid of the spices recommended in the two recipes. Will definitely be doing this again :)

I make is and it's yummy. I bake chicken legs in the oven which have been coated with a mixture of soy sauce and Harissa powder. It replaces to skin (removed before cooking) with a crunchy, spicy coating. Delicious,

I made this yesterday using chicken breasts for a change and I have always used the drumsticks in the past. Still very tasty and I crisped them in my airfryer rather than the oven and it worked well. Delicious with home made coleslaw and salad and kept me full all night

My consultant says that the Smash thing is a no-no because you are "tweaking",.... she has said that you'd need to syn it because the normal everyday person off the street wouldnt use smash instead of breadcrumbs... is she right, or is she just being over cautious on the whole "missuse of food" issue?
As far as I'm concerned it is irrelevant, if I make a food from scratch like this, and it's syn free, it's syn free. The normal everyday person on the street would just go to KFC does that mean that this is worth that many syns? I think not! Otherwise why would you bother making it healthier to begin with? X

Back