KFC

*AnnaMaria*

Silver Member
Any idea if we are allowed this minus the skin?

Oh lor, I can't imagine getting a KFC and LEAVING THE SKIN?!?!? Impossible!

But I guess if you have way more will power than me, then it's probably okay? It's just fried chicken then.

I tried making imitation KFC with soya flour and it was pretty good, but very very moreish and actually still fairly high carb - something to look forward to in maint, really.

I'm sure I read somewhere (IPD low-carb book) that removing the skin/coating is okay, but not something you have all the time. I'm sure coleslaw is fine on Atkins too, in moderate amounts; I LOVE it!
xxxxxxxsharon

Thats it then, I am off to do a mystery shopper assignment for a bargain bucket!

Thanks Laura, that was helpful, did you see the Zinger burger? 45!!! I can't even begin to imagine eating 45 carbs!

I think I read something recently about KFC getting into trouble in the US for advertising their chicken as "a low carb food". Low carbing is much more mainstream over there and a lot of food manufacturers are trying to profit from it.

Ah yes, here it is: KFC Under Fire for Low-Carb Claims

Interesting article!

That skin is so illegal!! but I should imagine the meat is OK

I wouldn't eat the skin, just smell it for a while :)

LOL, LMAO TT. I love it.

LOL, I've been know to hang around the bakers just sniffing. ;)

smelling is a more substitute for gobbling it down, but a better substitute than nothing :) Better to have sniffed and lost, then never sniffed at all!

Oh Jeez TT, LMAO, nice paraphrase there. :D

Back