Kidney Stones

Sedalia

Is it true that this diet can give you kidney stones?

I ask because I have had a kidney stone in the past....

it can increase ur chances. i got kidney stones (had one b4 2 years ago) and got it again after i stopped SSing. doctors attributed it to CD but just cos ur chances r increased, doesnt mean u will get them. xx

Thanks, I believe me being overweight is far more dangerous than the chance to get a kidney stone (although it was the most painful thing I've ever had) and I am not stopping now :)

Thanks, I believe me being overweight is far more dangerous than the chance to get a kidney stone (although it was the most painful thing I've ever had) and I am not stopping now :)

I totally agree being overweight is far worse than getting a kidney stone, though the pain is not good. The diet doesnt actually give you kidney stones, aparently a sudden change in diet can. So basically any sudden change in eating habits can cause them to grow.
I had gall stones over 8 years ago and my diet never changed, the doctor said the majority of people have gall/kidney stones but dont realise until they play up. So you may have had them for some years and then you change diet and it flares up, hence cd etc get the blame.

I hope so, I just don't want anything to stop this diet for me. I am more motivated than I have ever been in my life.

I hope so, I just don't want anything to stop this diet for me. I am more motivated than I have ever been in my life.

Go Sedalia!! :party0019:

Hehe you guys are great!

Back