Knock! knock! Can I come in please?

Hi Tealover and Silence,

Lovely to meet you both and lets make sure that this time we SUCCEED! I know you both sound full of determination like I am and somehow I really believe 2008 is going to be the beginning of a new me.

I am off to work soon as I own a gift shop in our seaside town of Skeggy and now that all the schools have broken up and the weather is glorious, its gonna be a busy day so I have got to rush this post in order to get ready etc but just wanted to say a quick hello before I left.

Have a good day and I feel so positive!

Sue x

I am full of determination. My motto for this year is "2008: The Year Of Positive Change". :)

You live in Skeggy!!! I love Skeggy. Oh, the childhood holidays spent riding the donkeys, making sandcastles on the beach and playing in tower gardens!!! I'm from West Yorkshire, originally so everyone from our area used to go on hol in Skegness, Mablethorpe, Cleethorpes, Scarborough or Bridlington!!! Me and my family always used to go to Skegness!!! In fact my grandparents still go every single year! (Sorry for that little gush... you just evoked a lot of happy childhood memories!!!)
Hope you had a nice day

~Silence~

Good luck to every one here, thought I would come in and say HIIIII i'm currently on LT (lipotrim) not been on all that long, had to stop for a few weeks for medical treatment but i'm back on it and so happy to be. This site is such an inspiration and love reading others stories and goal for weight loss. I lost 12lb in my first week which im delighted at. When I stopped for 6 weeks, and i'm doing my second round of LT its only my 3rd day though. Was delighted to hear I hadn't put those 12lbs back on though :):):):) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE XXX

Hi Sue and welcome. Good luck with your weight loss journey and I wish you all the best. Im also taking Xenical at the moment and finding it to be fine it seems to be helping and Ive had no ill effects (except once and I know why that was). Im also going to RC classes for exercise and weighing in aswell as my Gp each month. I love this forum, am relatively new to it but theres so many inspirational people on here it brilliant!!!
Anyway keep us posted with how youre getting on and once again good luck.
x

Thanks everyone for your kind welcome and I look forward to getting to know you all more over time. Already I know this forum will be a great place to visit and everyone seems so kind, helpful and supportive.

Glad to hear I have rekindled some happy childhood memories for you Silence and good ole Skeggy is still a very popular destination for all those that love the british seaside experience! It's changed a lot over the past few years but for the better I think. Why not pop over sometime for a blast from the past?

Sue

Hi Sue and welcome. Good luck with your weight loss journey and I wish you all the best. Im also taking Xenical at the moment and finding it to be fine it seems to be helping and Ive had no ill effects (except once and I know why that was). Im also going to RC classes for exercise and weighing in aswell as my Gp each month. I love this forum, am relatively new to it but theres so many inspirational people on here it brilliant!!!

Anyway keep us posted with how youre getting on and once again good luck.
x

Hiya,

So far so good on the Xenical and I have been on them now for just over 2 weeks. I too have to see the doctor each month and my first appointment since going on them will be in approx 2 weeks time so I think my lovely GP should be impressed with the weightloss, as up to now I have lost 9 lbs!

At the moment I cannot do much in the way of exercise so I am not getting a great deal of physcial activity but as the weight drops my GP says this will get easier for me and I can therefore increase my activity slowly and gradually. I have such painful knees and have to now use a walking stick for walking any distance and until I get my weight down I cannot have surgery as it is predominantly my weight that is causing the problem plus I get so breathless when walking that I panic. Not good and for someone who despite always having a weight problem has always been active and on the go it is soul destroying and I feel trapped in my own body. However, I have reached my rock bottom and this time I will succeed!

Good luck and thank you everyone as right now I really feel the need to be amongst people who can relate to my life! :)

Sue

Hi sue
i have been comin on here for just over a month, i am with slimming world and i have lost 14lb so far, i want to get to about 11 stone. am currently 17st 11.5 so got a bit to go yet

welcome the site they are a great bunch f guys and gals
xxxxxxx

Hi Sue & welcome

Well done on the loss so far.

We seem to be in very similar states of mind!! I've been doing it all by myself too this time and I am going to succeed. It's just totally different for me this time so I'm more focused and determined to lose the weight.

Keep up the good work. Together we'll crack this!! ;)

Back