know I shouldn't... but!

eddiesmum2002

Just 'caloried' my Green day yes and it came in at 1800ish once both hexs were added and all my food.. said Id lose around 3lbs in the next 5 wk if I continued at that rate eek maybe I need to curb portions a little x

I add mine up every day just to see what it totals. Im on EE and most days its about 1350, some days has been about 1650+, some days 1200. It kind of evens out. I wouldn't worry about it xx

Mines usually around the 1700 mark, and i loose about 2lbs a week, even though my fitness pal says i'd loose 1lb a week eating that many. Ignore it. If you are following plan, and not overeating you will loose.

Agree best not look at science of it, just look at the results, the body needs more than that to function so you will lose weight, and some days you wont eat as much so it will even itself out.

u need to eat over 1200 a day ne way to stop your body going into starvation mode ! so that number your at sounds perfect ;D

I would find a free online BMR calculator. This will tell you how many calories your body needs to function based on your gender, age, height, weight and activity level. As long as your calorie intake is 500 below that you should lose weight. Losing weight is more than just about the calories you take in it is also about the calories you expend. But really SW have already done all this work for you so please try and put calories out of your mind and trust in the plan.

yep don't dwell on it, I did it for a bit just out of interest and it levelled itself out, don't bank too much on the numbers of what you can lose, it doesn't take into account any other exercise you do, like walking up stairs or anything like that

as patchwork puss says (I seem to be saying that a lot lately lol) trust in the plan x

Thanks guys! Trying to ignore calories as youve all said plan works just gotta follow it!!! Xxx

I average about 1700, 1800 and I always go well over 2000, 2500 at w/e's. Ive lost about 4st 12 and average about 2.5lb a week (over 3lb a week if you exclude holidays etc when Im off plan). The average person needs 1250 *minimum* not to go into starvation mode - and bear in mind we are *not* average people by virtue of being here - so its better to be well above that number.

Sounds like youre on track to me :cool:

It's weird I've been using MFP to track food (because it's sooooo much easier than SW website), and according to MFP I'm eating on average 350 calories less a day then they advise to lose weight, yet this week I lost 1/2lb! So if by their calculated BMR I should be losing 1lb a week and I'm eating less, surely my weight loss should be 1.5lb at least?

I live by mfp! lol I love how I can keep a food diary so easy, save meals/recipes so I don't have to add in every ingredient when I eat a certain meal again and it's an easy way of keeping track of fat/carb/sugar intake.

Though I follow the slimming world plan I do stick to a principle of calories. It definitely helps me to keep on track, though I never started using it until I started maintaining and slimming world worked all the way for me, without giving calories a thought.

Yeah I really like MFP, I make the same recipes frequently so its great to just click the recipe, say what portion of it I had and it does all the rest for me. Also being able to divide stuff into breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks etc. Its infinitely better than the pile of tripe SW have got. That thing cant cope with the amount of favourites you have, its soooo slow, and when I log out it has inevitably changed my HEXes to something totally random. :confused: 400ml milk inevitably morphs into 200g goat's cheese for no apparent reason. There are so many bugs in it it's a joke.

And what does it even *mean* for me to be able to look back on a good week and see that "wooo, well I had... some carrots that day..." **** knows what I did with them like, but at least I know I had some carrots, eh? :sigh: Ludicrous.

/rant :D

It's weird I've been using MFP to track food (because it's sooooo much easier than SW website), and according to MFP I'm eating on average 350 calories less a day then they advise to lose weight, yet this week I lost 1/2lb! So if by their calculated BMR I should be losing 1lb a week and I'm eating less, surely my weight loss should be 1.5lb at least?

How much have you got to lose/lost already? Maybe you'd lose even more if you ate more? I know I do. But if SW is working for you how you're doing it, stick to it :) it ain't about the calories...

How much have you got to lose/lost already? Maybe you'd lose even more if you ate more? I know I do. But if SW is working for you how you're doing it, stick to it :) it ain't about the calories...

I've got at least another 7 stone to lose, preferably 8 1/2.
But I've been losing and gaining the same 1lb for six weeks!

Oh boo :( What plan are you on? mmm Id obviously suggest eating more and shaking your food options around - but then as a regular Im sure youve read that a million times before and tried it :D

Back