Ladies - anyone had a mirena coil become dislodged?

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Evening all!

sorry for the topic, but I was just wondering whether anyone's had a mirena (or copper) coil become dislodged? I think my body's in the process of expelling mine, but I was just wondering whether anyone has any experience with this? Can the doctors put them back into position, or do they have to take them out?

Thanks in advance.

Sian xx

Not sure if they can be put back in if they have started to come out but I wouldn't have thought that they can as they are supposed to be put in after coming out of sterile packaging. I have had two that came out of their own accord and then they definitely can't be put back in. I am not allowed any more as a result which I was a bit fed up about because I think the mirena was great. Not sure if that really answers your question.

Good luck with the nurse. No experience of coil at all - I was too scared to try it.

I have my 2nd one place i've never experienced any problems with it. As peacelilly says I would have thought they cant put that one back in as then it wont be sterile. I had my first one in 5yrs, this one since March this year. They are hoping that because they are in place 5yrs this will take me through the menopause.

Bringing this topic back up again - When i went for my scan on my ovaries and kidneys 2 weeks ago - the radiographer told me my coil isnt high enough up into my cervix and that I should have it removed and a new one put in, so ............ does this mean my body is rejecting it or has it never been in right in the first place !!!!!!!! I have an app at the gynae clinic on 4th Feb suppose ill find out options then - im coming back as a man next time they have an easy life lol

Bringing this topic back up again - When i went for my scan on my ovaries and kidneys 2 weeks ago - the radiographer told me my coil isnt high enough up into my cervix and that I should have it removed and a new one put in, so ............ does this mean my body is rejecting it or has it never been in right in the first place !!!!!!!! I have an app at the gynae clinic on 4th Feb suppose ill find out options then - im coming back as a man next time they have an easy life lol

As far as I know coils can reject - I've heard stories of them falling out! I had the copper coil, not the mirena, and mine moved at some point while it was in and by the time I had it removed it was totally in the wrong position and causing a lot of pain :( Hope you can get it sorted quickly and painlessly x

Ive been haivng pain for weeks missy thats why they did the scan :-( I thought it was arthritis in my hip. Now i have back pain too - just cant get an app earlier than 4th feb. Its strange cos the first one was fine. When i had my smear in dec the nurse never said anything grrrr

Ive been haivng pain for weeks missy thats why they did the scan :-( I thought it was arthritis in my hip. Now i have back pain too - just cant get an app earlier than 4th feb. Its strange cos the first one was fine. When i had my smear in dec the nurse never said anything grrrr

She probably wasn't looking for it, I think it's one of those things where you wouldn't notice unless you were looking (or unless it was obviously falling out lol!). I hated the coil with a passion so that was my only experience and it was no fun! Keep taking the painkillers xxx

Ive never had a problem with it as i mentioned i had the first one in 5 years. As far as I was aware this one wasnt giving me probs either, im hoping they will do a scan first and say the radiographer was wrong so i can leave it in x

Ive never had a problem with it as i mentioned i had the first one in 5 years. As far as I was aware this one wasnt giving me probs either, im hoping they will do a scan first and say the radiographer was wrong so i can leave it in x

It's weird how it can be different each time, it was with me and the implant - first one was nothing like the second. Hopefully it's either nothing or something that can be sorted easily xxx

Sadly mine kept falling out so they said it wasn't any good for me cos they are so expensive. The first one I had was brilliant and it caused me no probs but after 2nd child couldn't keep them in. Even had one put in under general anaesthetic when I had a D&C. Must have had a flabby cervix along with flabby everything else! ;-). Actually they said my uterus was at a funny angle!!!! To be honest I'm sure they have no idea why these things happen and just sometimes it doesn't work. I'd def have another if I could.

My womb is tilted lily - but i never had a problem before. The thing is I dont have it in for contraceptive purposes but 1. If I did could I get pregnant if its not in right and 2. If I cant have another I dont want the horrendous problems for which i had it fitted in the first place and they wont do my hysterectomy :-(

My womb is tilted lily - but i never had a problem before. The thing is I dont have it in for contraceptive purposes but 1. If I did could I get pregnant if its not in right and 2. If I cant have another I dont want the horrendous problems for which i had it fitted in the first place and they wont do my hysterectomy :-(

Sounds like similar probs. My doc suggested it after lifelong probs with dreadfully heavy periods. However your points are valid, if its not in the right place then its prob not a bad idea to take other precautions if getting pregnant would be the last thing you want. I think that you could probably make a case for it being a fluke that this one has moved and ask if you can have another. I have been put on the pill again after many years off because I went into Peri menopause at 41 and of course, unlike the usual thing where periods stop, I just had one continuously with a few days off a month. I now run 3 packs together so I only have a period every 9 weeks. Not ideal but better than nothing. I hope they get things sorted for you soon cos it is worrying and it's such a blooming faff and humiliating having someone rummaging around your nether regions and then the best they can do is tell you they aren't sure!! :-(

The thing is ive tried numerous pills and they dont suit me. Ive had numerous operations and had balloon ablation so the lining of my womb is like thin paper, they told me if i ever did get pregnant again i wouldnt be able to carry a baby as the lining is now too thin to carry one.

I wanted them to do a hysterectomy years ago but they wouldnt they kept saying i was too young - im 50 now so cant see them making that excuse again lol.

I suppose ill just have to wait until the 4th feb to find out :mad: I just wish they would get rid and be done with then it would save all the hassle

Back