*ladies...*

Lucy:D

dreamingofawaist
:confused:OK here goes! my gp told me that my weightloss has been great but it will be slowed down by a change of contraception.. (went from the pill to the implant) and i should expect to probably put on weight until it settles!
My god i just want to cry! It sounds mad but i'm scared to gain the weight i have lost. How on earth do i fit this round the diet? anyone else tried to do this before? :sigh:

Lucy x

I have problems with irregular and painful periods and I have been suggested to go onto the pill to help them but I am way to scared about gaining weight on it.
I am not 100% sure how it will affect you though, everybody reacts differently. I think some people will lose weight when they start it too so unfortunately, you may have to just try it and hope for the best. x

i was a bit like that was going to have the implant but decide to have the coil instead and had no problems with it

From what I understand and experienced when I was on the pill is that it can increase your appitite - you eat more and gain weight. If you are following SW and notice you feel more hungry after the implant then you could eat more free food to compensate and surely this shouldn't affect your weight loss too much?

From what I understand and experienced when I was on the pill is that it can increase your appitite - you eat more and gain weight. If you are following SW and notice you feel more hungry after the implant then you could eat more free food to compensate and surely this shouldn't affect your weight loss too much?

Makes sense to me!

I had the implant and didn't gain any weight, but I also have had the depo injection & am back on the pill now, now of these have made me gain weight, what made me gain weight was overeating (my own fault), I personally think they say this to cover their own backsides just in case someone complains.

I had problems with the implant and still am months after having it removed. I did gain weight on it but i'm unsure if it is just the implant that is responsible, it was prob just me in general overeating that made me gain weight. Let me know how you get on with the implant x

I dont know about the implant Im afraid but when I was put on the pill for bad pain & irregularity I never gained at all.

I think with everything there'll be side effects & weight gain is often one but it differs from each person to the next.

Stick to what you've been doing & things may carry on the way they were, if you do gain a little Id imagine after it settles you'll go back to losing. It should balance out for you :)

thank you for all your replies..kinda hoping i dont gain and havent previously so probably just covering their asses (hopefully)! Will keep you all updated x

Back