Lady Amalthea's Quest For Slimville!

Had a busy day yesterday with counselling, then getting another new fridge sorted (finally have a new one that works, phew!) and work then hanging out at my boyfriend's. :) Yesterday's intake included nuts,raisins, tuna panini, apple, banana, tomato and cheese pasta. haha.

Today it's:
Breakfast - Bran flakes with ss milk & chopped banana

Lunch - Cup a soup followed by some melon and grapes

Dinner - Baked potato filled with tuna & some light coleslaw on the side

Snacks - Various fruit including strawberries

Got to go down town to try and find my boyfriend a present for his birthday. It's on Wednesday. :) I'm pretty skint at the minute though so gonna have to be a present on a budget haha. He said he doesn't want anything but I'd feel bad if I didn't at least get him a wee something.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

Breakfast - Boiled egg on granary bread (toasted, 1 slice)

Lunch - Vegetarian burger with side salad

Dinner - Macaroni cheese with some garlic bread

Snacks - Melon & grapes & a calypo ice lolly!

Probs a little on the carby side today with all the bread but hey ho!

Hello everyone! Today's intake is:

Breakfast - cornflakes with ss milk. A red apple.

Lunch - Vegetable cup a soup. Some strawberries.

Dinner - Baked potato with tuna salad.

Snacks - Fruit.

Really need to try and up my water intake as it has been slipping the past few days again. :(

Today is my boyfriend's birthday. So I am baking him a cake haha. Nowt fancy, just a sponge cake with butter cream icing & decorated with smarties (his fave sweetie) :). Kitchen smells sooo good right now. Also making some wee cup cakes since I had mixture left over.

Anyway:

Breakfast - muesli with ss milk

Lunch - Chicken caesar salad with low fat dressing

Dinner - I'm thinking prawn stir fry using low cal spray

I'll probs allow myself a wee slice of cake later on too ;). I don't drink so might as well treat myself with cakey goodness while everyone is getting merry at my boyfriend's haha.

Thought I'd post a pic of the cake I made for my boyfriend.

110420_114524.jpg

I'm no Nigella Lawson, that's for sure!

Well, the cake went down a treat even though it might not have looked up to much haha. Everyone enjoyed it :) I did have a slice in the end and was quite pleased with how it turned out. My naught treat for the week...

Today:

Breakfast - apple & cinnamon mini flapjacks & a mix of cocunut, cranberries & pecan nuts

Lunch - Quorn sausages & salad

Dinner - Baked potato with tuna mayo & salad

Snacks - fruit & nuts hehe

Really need to get back on the water wagon. Letting it slip sooo badly this week.

Your cake looks awesome! I tried to make one for my boyfriend for his birthday but it went a bit wrong... :eek:

Good luck with the healthy eating!
20162810150456891375511.jpg

Aww wow! I just stuck with a simple round cake - nothing too adventurous. I think your cake is cute n quirky & I'm sure it tasted lovely hehe.

Oops... sorry :p haha. I'm sure your soup was/is lovely :)!!

Today has not gone to plan at all. Felt sick when I woke up so didn't have anything to eat til about half and hour ago when I munched on a packet of walkers cheese and onion crisps!!

Thankfully, a healthy dinner of sweet chilli chicken & noodles is on the cards.

And my water intake is doing well today at 2 litres so far!

Today was bout day with Dundee Roller Girls' 'Silvery Tayzers' taking on the Glasgow Roller Girls' 'Maiden Grrders'. We lost 44 - 191. Well done to Glasgow though since that's really my homeland haha. We're a relatively new team too up here in Dundee so still lots to learn...

As I still have 3 minimums left to pass (thus can't officially bout yet :( ) I was left manning the cake stall:

cakegirl.jpg

Nightmare job, eh?! All I've eaten today is 2 mini cheese flans, a cupcake and a chocolate peanut butter cookie. Oh dear :(. Still, not gonna beat myself up about it. Healthy dinner ahoy in the form of Chicken and pepper stir fry with egg noodles

Off out to the roller derby after party later. Can't drink on my new meds, which is good in a way, so I'll stick to one glass of fresh orange then water. Fun times haha.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

Last edited:
I'm sliding off the wagon this weekend, in a bad way. :(

Had 2 rolls & sausage this morning and since then have had 2 maple pecan slices. :mad:

On the plus side, I've given my Easter egg away so that gets rid of that temptation. I've just been craving old, unhealthy food for some reason.

Still, tomorrow is a new day and a new week.

*EDIT*

Just scale-hopped. Wasn't gonna weigh myself til tomorrow morning as I want to have a Monday weigh-in each week but I doubt much will change overnight - 12st 13lbs!! :(:(

That's a whole 4lbs ABOVE my start weight 2 and a half weeks ago. I did get back down to 12st 10lbs earlier this week so I'm gonna have to rethink things...

Things that have gone wrong lately:

- severe drop in water intake.
- slips with naughty treats of choccy bars/cake/fizzy juice (all noted in this thread when they occurred so not hiding anything).
- missed a few roller derby sessions.

I'm gonna work on the above and:

- introduce more exercise.
- Cut down portion sizes.

Like I said earlier, tomorrow is a new day and hopefully the start to a better week!

Last edited:
Breakfast - 2 quorn sausages

Lunch - Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (brown bread)

Dinner - Spaghetti carbonara

No snacks/veg today - totally skint til Thursday so just need to use up what is in the flat. Was gonna have a steamed sausage casserole for dinner but the sausages went out of date yesterday, d'oh! :(

So yeah...gonna be a VERY limited and unvaried intake until Thursday...

Good news: my last day of work at Clinton Cards - could NOT be happier =D
Bad news: My cheek/gum is majorly swollen inside my mouth where one of my wisdom teeth is trying to push through. It's making eating very difficult and rather annoying. I had an X-ray when I was 13 before I got my braces and the dentist/oral surgeon could tell there was no room for my wisdom teeth and that they would grow in an impactive manner so were gonna take them out. But then they decided not to because it wouldn't affect my brace treatment!! Now I'm stuck with all this pain & not registered with a dentist (bad, I know. Haven't been in years oops.)

So today so far:
Breakfast - nothing, too much pain!

Lunch - Tuna salad sandwich

Will report back later with my dinner option.

Dinner - Chicken pasta salad with light salad dressing

So happy I don't even have to work in that horrid place again!! They even let me leave a little earlier today, woo!! And they got me a 'sorry you're leaving' card & balloon, a bouquet of flowers, a £10 New Look gift card, a huge box of dairymilk chocs and a cake!!!

I haven't opened the chocs yet. I have had one piece of cake while at work with the others though. I'm gonna cut it up & take some round to my boyfriend & his flatmates and give some to my flatmate etc. Try to get rid of as much of it as possible!As for the chocs, who knows. Hopefully they'll stay sealed for as long as possible!!

My close friend from work also got me a separate card & gift - a little travel bag with mini shower stuff in it for when I go away for my summer job in a few weeks =D

Got a 3 hour 45min Victorian Literature exam this afternoon. Too nervous to eat anything right now. Just getting some last minute studying in. It's closed book so all I can really do is learn quotes & have a rough idea of what I want to say on each piece etc.

I'm gonna force some sort of cereal for brunch before I go though - can't risk my tummy rumbling during it haha!

Just thought I'd pop by to say I took my measurements earlier to see if it's only lbs I've gained or if the inches have gone up too!

Happy to say my measurements (hips/waist/bust) are the same as my starting measurements! *phew*
That gives me hope...

Ok so... exam went better than expected! Just gotta keep my fingers crossed and wait for the results now. :)

Intake so far:

Brunch - b owl of branflakes with ss milk

Dinner is gonna be beans on wholemeal toast

& that's pretty much gonna be it since I am skint til tomorrow haha. I do have a few mini milk lollies in the freezer (well, Tesco's own version, 87cals a pop!) so may treat myself to one of those later :)

ooo, and I've had 1.5 litres of water today. Woo!

Payday!!! =D

Shame I'm crap at eating in the mornings. Still haven't had anything and it's after half 11! Oops.

I think today will be:

Breakfast - bowl of branflakes w ss milk

Lunch - baked beans on toast (to use up the rest of yesterday's tin)

Dinner - Grilled chicken salad with light caesar salad dressing

Snacks - 1 weight watchers toffee&vanilla yoghurt / grape+melon mixed fruit

Already had 4 pints of water today. Gonna make sure I get the water intake right back up again.

Also exercise wise I have started doing 10 pushups, 10 stomach crunches, 10 squats x 3 in quick succession. I know you need to be exercising for at least 30mins but I don't usually have spare time in the mornings. At least this is something and I can gradually work in other things.

Last edited:
Had a sneak peak at the scales this morning & I'm, so far, staying the same. Which is good because at least I'm not gaining any...really hoping to see a loss come Monday's official weigh in though.

Going up to Aberdeen with my boyfriend to visit his brother for the whole weekend and gonna try and behave, eating-wise. I'm even taking some ww yoghurts with me as snacks haha.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Back