Large shoes....

DQ

Queen of the Damned
.... can anyone tell me anywhere other than Evans that does nice plus size shoes? I mean wide shoes as I have very wide feet.

I comfortably fit into a male 8 - most of my trainers and winter boots are men's. Women's shoes I tend to find I am in a 9 or a 10, but I struggle with some 10s because of lack of width.

I can't afford to spend a fortune, but would prefer not to have to resort to the TV stuff on ebay - apart from anything else they all seem to have four inch heels :eek:

clarks do a wide fit.

Yeah but most of their shoes don't go up to a 9 unfortunately, and seems to be mainly the 'older' styles. I may be 36 but I'm not quite ready to live in moccasins! ;)

lol!! i'll have a dig around on the net in teh next couple of days and see what i can find.
must be tricky ((hugs))

It's a pain in the neck isn't it :mad:

When I was a 10, I got mine from Brantano's. Don't know whether you have one of them local to you.

They go up to a size 10.

Still...the choices aren't quite as large, but there was usually something there.

Might be worth a look and I've found they have a website if you want to browse here

I can get 9's from the Shoe Tailor catalogue

Thanks Karion :D I think I'll tootle down to our Brantano - had kinda given up on them cos they had maybe 3 shoes in my size, but always worth another look. Want something special to wear to Nelly's wedding so definitely worth a shot! ;)

I can certainly vouch for Viva La Diva! As you know I've also got wide feet and get many of my shoes from there.....

Hi slinky,
Barratts go up to a 10 i think, very reasonable... Thing is tho, they may not broadcast the fact at least in my local one they don't. Its only a small shop and so they say they don't have room to keep the big shoes on display.. so basically you get a lil catalogue to browse through and then they go and get them from upstairs!!

worth a try....

Hi slinky,
Barratts go up to a 10 i think, very reasonable... Thing is tho, they may not broadcast the fact at least in my local one they don't. Its only a small shop and so they say they don't have room to keep the big shoes on display.. so basically you get a lil catalogue to browse through and then they go and get them from upstairs!!

worth a try....
Well I never!! If i were their sales team id be shouting from the rooftops that they had big shoes in stock, such a niche market and no one else on the high street, apart from Evans really doing it. Lakeside Barretts watch out!!:eek:

You're right. Barretts do. I never found them wide enough though. They all seemed to be C fittings when I used to look.

Just got back from Brantano. Disappointed to say they had NO heeled sandals in size 10 :mad: :(

However, I did try on some Emotion wide fitting shoes, and was gobsmacked to find I fit into some size 8s!! :cool: The 9s were a little big, and the 8s were tight so I didn't buy any but it was nice to have a choice of more than one pair of shoe!! :rolleyes: Gonna check out your links - thanks peeps! :D

Ended up buying some sandals from Evans!!! Not sexy, but they looked ok and did the job and at £10 didn't break the bank. Maybe I'll head into sexy shoewear next year :p

I'm never going to be wearing knee high boots either :(

One thing that was great today is that my mum found a pair of my unworn size 7 shoes that I was going to eBay, but forgot to, because they were too narrow. They now fit :D

Back