Lasagne Original Day

kellylisa

Hello, I am thinking of making a nice meat lasagne tonight for an Original day. I am ‘adapting’ an Italian cookbook recipe to keep the syns down!

Can anybody help fill in the syn values or perhaps suggest improvements?

Extra Lean Mince – Free
3 Lasagne Sheets – 10.5
Chopped Onions – Free
Chopped Carrots – Free
Chopped Mushrooms – Free
Fry light – Free
Tomato Puree - ?
2 x Sainsbury’s mature Cheddar slices - ?
Milk for béchamel sauce - ?
Small amount of flour for béchamel sauce - ?

Many Thanks for your help
x

i think tomato puree is free now hun, and how much flour and milk? xx

I love lasagne and my 16 year old daughter made a slimming world friendly version for me the other day which was amazing!!!

She griddled some Aubergene Slices and used them instead of Lasagne Sheets and used Quark mixed with a little water to loosen up, loads of salt and pepper and some ground nutmeg which made a convincing Bechemel sauce and used passata (syn free) for the meat sauce.

Maybe an idea to cut some sys out of it....

Hope this helps :D

Hi. A couple of days ago someone said they made a white sauce by putting 6 Laughing Cow Light triangles in the microwave with one teaspoon of water, and sirring it together when melted. If you were using LCLight as HXa it would save a few sins perhaps? I haven't tried it yet but am planning on doing so :)

20g plain flour - 28g is 5.0 syns
300ml milk - skimmed - 4.75 syns
semi - 6.86 syns
Cheddar slices - (6 syns each) - 12 syns (maybe use reduced fat cheddar as you get 42g per 6.0 syns then and just sprinkle over the top)

You could combine the lasagne recipe with a moussaka recipe to keep the syns even lower, by replacing the lasagne sheets (although I do agree lasagne is rather important in, um, lasagne!!) with sliced aubergine and/or carrot. Especially if you slice the carrot longways and put it in raw, it will keep some of the bite.

You can also make a topping by mixing quark, egg and fat free fromage frais to make a free white sauce ish topping, and then use strong cheese.

It won't be quite so much like an authentic lasagne, but it depends on how careful you want to be with your syns.

Have made a note of your recipe above so that we can have "Proper" lasagne this weekend too!

Hi. A couple of days ago someone said they made a white sauce by putting 6 Laughing Cow Light triangles in the microwave with one teaspoon of water, and sirring it together when melted. If you were using LCLight as HXa it would save a few sins perhaps? I haven't tried it yet but am planning on doing so :)

i made this and added cooked chopped bacon and chicken and mushrooms and put it on some pasta it was lovely :) xxx

Back