Lasagne

Will1am3

Hi, I was wondering has anyone got any recipes for a lasagne, I've tried the one on the slimming world website but wasn't keen(the one with fat free natural yoghurt)

The one I use is bolognaise sauce just as normal, then for the sauce I use fat free fromage frais, some fat free cottage cheese, 2 beaten egg yolks and 2 tbsps of grated Parmesan (3 syns) layer it up like normal lasagne and put healthy extra portions of cheese on top. I usually get about 6 large servings from mine! The sauce doesn't go as creamy and wet as a normal cheese bechamel sauce but its still nice, I enjoy it.

I made this one last week as I had a lot of ham left over!

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 tin 410g baked beans (ss) (ff)
1 Pack of lasagne sheets (ff)
1 Pack of smoked wafer thin ham (ff)
60g cheddar (2x Hea/2= 1hea per person)
700g bottle of passata (s) (sff)
Oregano
Oven-proof dish

Method

Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with oregano, then grate the cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 20-30mins until the food is hot and the cheese nicely melted.

Baked Bean Lasagne (Small).JPG

To make a nice cheesy sauce topping I use a tin of Heinz macaroni cheese and purée it. It's 6syns so split between 4-6 servings makes it low syn and just make a bolognaise sauce as normal. I also add 4HexA's of cheese - usually mixed depending what I've got and put these through the layers.

Hi, I was wondering has anyone got any recipes for a lasagne, I've tried the one on the slimming world website but wasn't keen(the one with fat free natural yoghurt)

Yummy Beef Lasagne | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

& I found this 1 too:

[h=2]Syn free lasagne on EE (using hex A)[/h]
This lasagne is really nice and even if you don't like quark, you should still like it!
Makes 6 generous portions

Ingredients

400g extra lean beef mince
2 onions
frozen sliced peppers (or fresh)
fresh garlic
mixed herbs
carton of passata
lasagne sheets

252g grated low fat mature cheddar
2 tubs quark
1 egg
skimmed milk
dried parsley
english mustard

Chop onions and fry in frylight along with the frozen sliced peppers. Once cooked transfer to a large saucepan or wok.
Fry the mince beef until brown and add to the saucepan.
Add the passata, mixed herbs, 3 crushed garlic cloves and salt/pepper to taste. Leave to simmer, stirring occasionally.

Empty 2 tubs of quark in to a seperate saucepan and add one egg. Heat gently while mixing together. Add a dash of skimmed milk if the white sauce is too thick. (the amount needed won't even average out to half a syn per portion). Mix in some dried parsley and quarter tsp of mustard.

Using a lasagne type dish, place half of meat mixture in bottom, top with lasagne sheets, add half of the white sauce and the remainder of the meat mixture.
Add a further layer of lasagne sheets, top with the remaining white sauce and then add the grated cheese evenly over the top.
Bake in oven gas mark 6 for 30-35mins.​

Last edited:
If you don't mind using a few syns on the white sauce then Coleman's do a packet white sauce which gives 4 servings at 3 Syns per serving.

Back