Last chance to beat PCOS

Discussion in 'PCOS' started by vicky82, 28 April 2010 Social URL.

1. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Hey All
    Not been on here for over a year, put all my weight back on and more.
    Ive had PCOS for years, they have been good for a while but have all the usual horrible side effects. Decided in Jan to TTC with Clomid but had a bad reaction to them and ended up in Hosp. Long story short after seeing my consultant this week he is not happy giving my Clomid until I lose some weight. :(
    I need 3 stone gone asap for him to be happy but ideally I need 6 stone off to be healthy and fit.
    Now this mixed with Fibromyagia, this is going to be fun. Myself and my OH are now on day 2 of a new eatting plan, basically low fat, low cal, no crap. Going to take the exercising easy and walk up and down our wee street incase I get too sore and need to sit down, god know what the neighbours will think!
    I have been on Metformin and Thyroxine for a year but have never actually taken it for more than a few days as I'm a bad patient lol :p So have started taking them again and need to stay on them.
    I'm heartbroken that I'm not allowed to take Clomid at the moment, but we have a window of about 2 years to TTC before my Doc recommends surgery to remove my important bit lol
    Fingers crossed :hug99:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. katieangel

katieangel Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    good luck with your weight loss i know how hard it can be to try to lose weight with pcos and hypothriodism i am trying to lose weight to have a baby too my dr said he wont treat me either until i get to 196 pounds :(

4. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    As my consultant said, I have a hugh battle ahead of me but it will be all worth it in the end. Fingers crossed for you too hunnie, we'll do it! xox

5. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Good luck girls. I know how you feel. I managed with Clomid and now have 2 beautiful kids, my daughter is 6 and my son is 3. When I took Clomid, especially for my daughter, my consultant said back then, that the amount I was having 200mg (4tablets) was the most he had ever given anyone - bare that in mind as I did fall - this was 7 years ago now so things may have changed. I just feel lucky that I had a good relationship with my consultant - if I'd been under anyone else I may not have my daughter!!

Good luck with your weight loss, You can do it. You've got the best motivation - children!

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.