Last Christmas...

MancBird

Always comes back to MMs!
*Sings along to Wham*

Been thinking about how my life has changed in the last year, and how much losing just 2 stone (well, 27lbs... nearly there...) has affected my life and confidence!

Last Christmas I went to my Xmas Do in a baggy black sack from Simply Be, and felt like a whale. I didnt dance cos my feet hurt from the pressure on my heels, I hit the buffet about 3 times, drank a load of beer and went home feeling terrible about myself. I wasnt on any of the photos... I hid in a corner feeling insecure and miserable.

THIS YEAR... I have a slinky size 18 dress from Monsoon to wear, a slinkier figure to swing about on the dancefloor, and more importantly, some confidence in my appearence... and I will be taking my camera to capture the geniune laughter and smiles I know will be coming out of my face lol... there's a long way to go still, but look at what we can achieve when we set our heart on it...!

What are you lot going to do / feel differently about this Xmas compared to last year? xxxxx

Hi! Well done on your loss so far. Fantastic =]

Its great to hear about other people successes to keep me motivated. I will also be feeling ALOT better about myself for this years christmas party, I've gone down 2 sizes and cant wait to wear my new dress i've bought. Still hate being on camera, but thats because my face does weird things when a picture is being taken and there's alcohol involved, not because i'm conscious of my body anymore =]
I'm also looking forward to covering up in a cardy and tights. Although given the current weather, i think i may reconsider these =/

I hope you have a really good time and wish you continued success into the new year =]

x x

This time last year, I was a size 24, weighed about 19 stone or thereabouts, and was formulating a plan to lose weight by my 10th wedding anniversary.

I am sitting here now, 6 1/2 stone lighter, 6 dress sizes smaller, and actually planning for the first time in a few years to go to a new years eve party. Uh-mazing.

Hi! Well done on your loss so far. Fantastic =]

Its great to hear about other people successes to keep me motivated. I will also be feeling ALOT better about myself for this years christmas party, I've gone down 2 sizes and cant wait to wear my new dress i've bought. Still hate being on camera, but thats because my face does weird things when a picture is being taken and there's alcohol involved, not because i'm conscious of my body anymore =]
I'm also looking forward to covering up in a cardy and tights. Although given the current weather, i think i may reconsider these =/

I hope you have a really good time and wish you continued success into the new year =]

x x

Thank you and the same to you, I have a feeling the next year is going to be even better! xxxx

This time last year, I was a size 24, weighed about 19 stone or thereabouts, and was formulating a plan to lose weight by my 10th wedding anniversary.

I am sitting here now, 6 1/2 stone lighter, 6 dress sizes smaller, and actually planning for the first time in a few years to go to a new years eve party. Uh-mazing.

Absolutely awesome MLM, enjoy every second you deserve every bit of your success! xxxxx

All

This is a great thread! I've lost nearly 1.5 stone since Christmas last year, and have gone down a couple of dress sizes at least. I bought a lovely party dress for a Christmas party last year and although felt comfortable in it, have only worn it once. I have a couple of parties to go to this Christmas, and so tried on this dress last weekend as I really loved it (and it's still in fashion)....and....I've had to take it to the dressmakers to have 2.5 inches off at the back seam! I am so pleased! Hope you all have a fabulous pre, during and post Christmas time! x

We've got our office Christmas party on Friday.
I've got a dress for it.
I bought it when I was looking for something to wear for my Step-Daughter's wedding (it wasn't suitable for the wedding, but I thought it would be for Christmas), and I thought how amazingly growed-up looking and, kind of, slinky it looked.

I thought it was £28 - which seemed pretty good, so I bought it, although I couldn't quite do it up. (Actually, to be fair, I didn't know whether I couldn't do it up because it wouldn't do up, or because I couldn't reach - as it's got a really awkward double zip and I was shopping on my own. And anyway the rest of it felt as though if it didn't exactly fit immediately, it would within half a stone or so, and at that price even if I had to wait till next Christmas it was worth it. Ok?)
When I got to the till it turned out to be £14. Result!

Anyway, where was I? Ah, yes.

So I've got this incredible, slinky (ish) dress. I tried it on again last week, at home, in safety, and it does do up. (It's a 16, but not a very big one, and very "body sculpted".)

But when I had a good look, I thought: Hmmm. Maybe a bit too much "Back Fat". Can I REALLY wear this dress? Won't I look awful?

Well. (And now comes the good part. Thank you for waiting.)

Last Christmas I was a delusional Size 20. (22 really.) I was wearing a stretchy, but baggy, black top, and black trousers. I sat in a corner, spoke only to people I knew well, and left pretty soon after the meal.

The dress I'm dubious about is a non-generous 16. It fits. I've lost more than 4 stone since this time last year. And I'm worrying about back fat?????

I'm going to wear it, and I'm going to party, and I'm going to dance, and I'm going to post pics afterwards. And if anyone mentions back fat, then I'll show them a picture from last year.

So there!

Last Christmas I had never exercised in my life and would never have dreamed of going to a ..........gym!!!!

I have progressed up to 6 gym/exercise sessions a week, I am toned, firm and FIT. I susbscribe to Womens Fitness magazine and just signed up for the Great Manchester Run next year. I have discovered that I absolutely love to work out, how it makes me feel and the results I have achieved

Great post, L
xxxx

What a great thread! It's funny how we can all remember how we looked last Christmas! I remember how I felt especially, it had been a really tough year for me battling depression and binge eating, this year has been a really good year and a turning point in my life I feel.

I have the jeans that I wore last Christmas and I actually tried them on last night, it was great to actually see my achievemant in the past year, made me feel proud!!

Here's hoping that we all continue next year and are here again next Christmas saying how the clothes we're wearing now are huge!! xx

Last year, I was a size 18 and felt ugly and bloated 85- 90% of the time, this year I'm a size 8, I'm really looking forward to our work's xmas do and am seriously proud of my achievement. I feel a tonne better and I KNOW I look loads better. I am also just 7lbs from target and would love to reach it before xmas, but will actually be alright if I don't! LOL, and that is a major change for me!

Wow u have all done so fantastically well!!!

Well for the past few christmas`s Ive skipped the works christmas night outs because i didnt have anything to wear but always blamed my husbands shifts ..... I didnt have anything to wear because I couldnt bring myself to go shopping for size 24 clothes ... it pained me and i was soooo embarrassed that i just refused to go .... I wanted to be wearing a slinky little number instead of a 6 man tent!!

So now Ive been going to SW for nearly 6 months and lost nearly 3 1/2 stone, Im still in a size 18 but my new size 18 jeans are starting to hang off me!!! I love it ... so I went and bought a dress from Debenhams and wore it to our Christmas night out about 2 weeks ago and I felt like amillion dollars!!!

I m still quite a way away from my target but Im definately on my way and working on it!!! I can see and feel my body changing which i absolutely love so this Christmas I will be at least wearing new clothes!!!

Trish x

Last Christmas i was 39 weeks pregnant and looked like Santa himself! LOL

I remember feeling a bit fed up Christmas day because i had maternity clothes on and i had just had enough of everything...i said to myself that i was going to look really nice next year and get very drunk! And I will be doing! ;)

This time last year I was depressed, about a few things but my weight really was not helping. I vowed that I would start another new year diet and only succeeded in putting on more throughout the year. I am a late starter. A friend suggest we go to SW after failed attempts on our own in September. I had 2.5 stone to lose and if i meet my target 0f 2lbs next wed I will have lost it all in time for my xmas party on the thursday. :xmascheers:

I have a lovely dress I can't wait to wear! I feel so much better and can't wait for all the lovely things I have planned for next year. I will certainly be staying with SW to keep me on track cos I intend to fully enjoy 2011!
:xmastree:

This time last year, I had not long started my SW journey, and was very enthusiastic about SW and menu planning, I had already lost 31lbs and had dropped from a size 20 to a 16. I had an invite to my mums 60th birthday party in the following August. The 5 and a half stone final target seemed such a long way away.

This Christmas, I am sooo close to target I can smell it!!! I have lost 5 stone 5 and a half pound. I am still as enthusiastic about SW and menu planning as I was last year, tho I have made the decision not to be as harsh on myself as last year, and to get straight back onto plan, as soon as poss to get back into target. I am now a size 10 on the top and 12 on the bottom! I went to my mums party in August in my dream 50's rocker style dress with petticoats underneath and felt a million dollars and had soo many compliments. I never thought I would say this time last year I felt a million dollars!!! I have also learnt that life does go on, not ALL meals can be SW friendly, but being aware of that is the key. I will always have to watch my weight, but I will NOT let my weight control me again. I am more confident and happy, clothes look better on me and the choices of clothes and undies make the journey soooo much worthwhile.

Sorrry for babbling on!!

H xx

Loving all your answers, we've all changed so much, outside and most importantly in!! xxxx

Last Christmas I had never exercised in my life and would never have dreamed of going to a ..........gym!!!!

I have progressed up to 6 gym/exercise sessions a week, I am toned, firm and FIT. I susbscribe to Womens Fitness magazine and just signed up for the Great Manchester Run next year. I have discovered that I absolutely love to work out, how it makes me feel and the results I have achieved

Great post, L
xxxx

You are my idol!! Make sure you get the sponsorship link round for your run when you've set it up!! xxxx

Well i'm going to be a little bit different lol...

Last christmas i was roughly around 25 weeks pregnant with my little girl (now 8 months) & my husband was serving our first xmas together as a married couple in Afganistan; so i was huge and depressed & ate and ate and ate...which is why i put a whooping 5 stone on durring my pregnancy!!
This Christmas... i will be 30 weeks pregnant with my little man(currently 28 weeks) and how thankful am i that i was introduced to slimming world... i have been on plan for 4 weeks this coming monday and have lost 11lbs so far... so i'm REALLY hoping that this time next year i will have the success fo all your lovelys and be enjoying the festivities in a pre-pregnancy (x2 LOL!) weight!!

All your stories are such an inspiration and what strive me to carry on plan!

Merry Xmas to one and all!! :D xxxxxxx

superb thread!!!

Last Chrimbo i had started my slimming world journey and had lost my first stone...I was feeling full of hope and energy that the plan would work for me (finally....something that worked!!!) and here i am today smiling at my 4 stone sticker.....

Clothes wise, i still do like a black dress....but this time its not floor length, its knee length!!! :)

xxx

Back