Laughing Cow - recipe ideas?

Maximus

Gold Member
Asda were selling the Laughing Cow Lights off at 50p per pack today - I bought 10 as I always stock up on them.

Any ideas for what to use them on?

To date I only use them for sandwiches (wholemeal) on Ryvita/crispreads etc. and as a healthy A to mash potatoes for a creamy, cheesy flavour. As I have approx 100 triangles now, anyone any constructive, creative uses for them?

Edible ideas only please:eek:

Savoury as opposed to sweet/cheesecake ideas as I have no sweet tooth.

Do they melt for example? (never tried) just how versatile are these wee triangles?

Steve

Yes they will melt in a small amount of water either in a pan or the microwave, a fav recipe of mine using them is creamy chicken n bacon :D
2 chicken breasts
4 rashers of bacon NO fat
1 clove fresh garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Sliced Mushrooms
1/2 Onion
Laughing cow lights
Water

Chop chicken breast into bite size pieces and fry in little frylight over medium heat untill cooked(8ish mins), chop bacon into strips and add to the pan - Add garlic to the pan, cook until chicken is browned then place in bowl to one side.

Chop onion thickly and cook in pan chicken was cooked in, halfway through cooking time add mushrooms, once cooked add to cooked chicken and bacon.

Put Laughing cow light triangles and a little water in a small pot over a low heat, or into microwave then whisk.
Stir until lumps are removed and sauce is warm - add your other cooked ingredients Give a good stir and thats it done :)

Thanks Furrystomper!

Not as versatile as I'd hoped. I was expecting a few more secrets. Still, nice to know I can add them to my mash potato for a creamy cheesy taste as part of my HEXA allowance.

There also lush when stuffed into a chicken for a kiev or chicken wrapped in bacon :D

Furrystomper that recipe sounds amazing!! What do you serve it with?

If you are on the EE plan then you could serve on a jacket potatoe with salad or veg.
I only follow red n green days so normally serve mine with mixed veggies xx

Waheey! loads of ideas now! - I especially love the idea of cheesy Chicken Kiev - presumably replacing butter with laughing cow and adding some garlic purée (or not?)

Silly as it may sound, I wasn't sure of their "meltability".

Steve

I discovered this by accident, just messing about in the kitchen one day - have to say I'm extremely glad I did!

For a lovely pasta sauce, melt down some laughing cow triangles (3 per person, you can either melt them down with a bit of water as mentioned above, or use a little bit of the tinned tomatoes), tinned tomateos (1 tin per person), 1 knorr chicken stock cube (per person), mushrooms, onion and garlic.

If you're on a green day, you can just eat it as it.. but if you're on EE like me, a bit of chicken or bacon (or both!) in it is gorgeous.

Oh, and PS.. Tesco has an offer on the big packs of 16 at the moment, 2 for £2!

laughing cow cheese

MMM sounds delicious thats sorts me out tomorrow bought several packs today too..
thankyou .

put in the middle of a burger or a small amount in the centre of meatballs, delicious.

Back