Laughing Cow - recipe ideas?

I always use them in pasta sauces and stuffed in chicken, but my ultimate favourite is in stuffed peppers. For 2 people I finely chop up a small red onion, 1 or 2 mushrooms, a couple of small tomatoes and add in 4-5 triangles, salt, pepper, garlic, basil and some frozen garden peas. Mix it all up with a spoon until it makes a thick mixture then stuff into halved peppers and bake in a 200o oven for about 25 mins.

You can put anything you like into the mixture and it always seems to taste great!

I use my cow triangles in wholemeal for a sandwich at work but having made soup tonight to take for lunch it frees up the triangles. We are def going to be trying the chicken and bacon and stuffed peppers. My mouth is watering reading this thread!

I've just come up with another possibility!!! Same concept as the peppers but stuffing large mushrooms?

Cheesy sausage rolls

Pre cook a quorn or syn free/low syn sausage, spread laughing cow triangle on (hex b) wholemeal bread, wrap sausage in the bread and bake til crispy, only takes a couple of minutes in pre heated oven

When these are cut up they make a great tv snack or nibbles

Cauliflower Cheese soup is good ;)

1 onion - chopped
half tsp paprika
1 pint Chicken/Veg stock
567g Cauliflower
qtr pint semi skimmed milk
8 laughing cow light triangles (new stilton are good)
optional to add potato
seasoning
serves 2 - 4 depending on portion sizes

spray pan with fry light, fry onions with paprika for 5 mins

put in stock and cauliflower, bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins

add milk and simmer for 5 more mins

take off the heat, add laughing cow triangles

blend until all the lumps have gone

(I use half tbslp oil instead of frylight - only 3 syns - laughing cow can be synned @ 1+half each or better counted as HE'A')

Cheesy sausage rolls

Pre cook a quorn or syn free/low syn sausage, spread laughing cow triangle on (hex b) wholemeal bread, wrap sausage in the bread and bake til crispy, only takes a couple of minutes in pre heated oven

When these are cut up they make a great tv snack or nibbles

That does sound nice :)
I went into tesco yesterday as laughing cow are on offer (16 pack 2 for £2)...bought 10 boxes!!! Definately got some awkward looks from people in the que haha!

Before I stock up, does anyone know if these freeze ok? And if so, for how long do they keep?

Definitely trying those stuffed peppers this week. Might add a little bit of cooked rice to the filling, and some chilli and garlic. Yum! Would go nicely with grilled pork chops I think.

Bit late to the party, but I came up with a great quick lunch at work using Laughing Cow the other week.

I was in a hurry so I chucked some cooked pasta, chopped raw courgette, cherry tomatoes, sliced up ham and black pepper in a tupperware box. Unwrapped 3 LC lights, and bunged those on top. Took to work and nuked in the microwave for 3 or so minutes at lunch time. Was actually surprisingly gorgeous. :)

Back