LauraBelle's restart diary for about the 50th (and final!!) time

Hello everyone,

I have tried slimming world a few times in the past and am coming back to minimins after nearly 2 weeks of managing to stick to it, hoping recording all my food will stop me going over my syns and keep me motivated!!

So today:

Breakfast : didn't have any as the kids were playing up and I was in a massive rush :( bad start lol!! I did have a glass of sugar free summer fruit squash, black coffee with sweetener and x2 cadburys fabulous fingers (3 syns)

Lunch: Syn free spaghetti bolognese and a muller dessert inspired apple pie yoghurt (1 syn)

Dinner: I will be having mayflower chicken curry for 4 syns with boiled rice and a multipack crunchie afterwards for 7 syns

I will add my snacks later if I have any, will probably have my 2 rocky road hifi bars for my hexb but I am AWFUL at having my hexa as I don't like milk and only like cheese if it is melted so any advice on anything else I could have would be very welcome!!

x

Hi am subscribing and hoping to steal some hints and tips. Can't really help with the healthy a as I love dairy cheese milk yogurt ect so I find that one really easy to manage. Xx
Good luck

Hi Sharon, thanks for subscribing! Hoping I will manage to keep it up this time! I know it's a slimming world crime but I do it from home and weigh myself every day, I gained half a pound today :( I think I may have used too much mayflower curry powder and gone over my syns, will learn from that next time!

Today's was
Breakfast: fruit salad (grapes, pineapple, satsuma, banana and blackberries) with a mullerlight after dinner mint flavour. Glass of sugar free fruit salad squash and a black coffee with sweetener, syn free so far!

A bit undecided what to have for lunch and dinner at the moment so will update later. I always have my 15 syns every day as it prevents cravings so stops me giving up!!

Good luck

My only advice after reading your diary is make sure you're having plenty of superfree (side salad with spag bol? etc)

Do you like chocolate milk as I'm sure theres one you can have as a HEA

And I'm a bugger for jumping on the scales all the time too but its very naughty lol

Jen I don't even like chocolate milk :( or milk in coffee or anything I'm so fussy!!

Thank you, I will include more superfree, I did have quite a bit in the spaghetti bolognese but having salad with it would of made it even better!

Just having a snack now, walkers baked stars (4.5 syns), my hexb of a special K chewy delight bar, an apple and an emerge sugar free energy drink :)

xx

Another little tip that I discovered by accident! When having pasta I always used to have it in a bowl like many people. When I started having a salad with it I didnt want to have 2 seperate bowls so I mixed the pasta with the sauce in my usual bowl then tipped it on to a plate which had my salad on - I was shocked by the portion size of the pasta!!! It was huge! Now I make half the amount and it still gives a decent portion with the salad.

I think a huge part of weight loss/eating healthy is in the mindset so having that salad/veg with most meals makes you feel like you're still eating a decent portion but its limiting your calorie intake (which is the main reason behing the 1/3 superfree rule, aiming to reduce free food and replace with superfree)

I think the HEA choice to to ensure adequate calcium intake and you eat yoghurts so you should be fine

Sorry for the ramblings - I'm actually at work would you believe?!!!

Haha don't worry about the rambling, it's helpful!! Definitely going to start eating salad with everything now! My lunch today is salad actually haha!

Lunch: Big salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onions, boiled eggs, ham and asda hot and spicy chicken pieces which are apparently free according to another thread on here & 0.5 syns for some lighter than light mayo. Also a peri peri mugshot, then a banoffee pie mullerlight for 1 syn

Dinner: will be a tin of mexican style chicken from asda (1.5 syns) with batchelors mexican rice and salad. Nice quick dinner as I have an essay to write.
Total for the day 7 syns, leaving enough for a multipack crunchie for 7 syns later! wooo! :)

Last edited:
Your day looks quite good food wise and Def like the idea of the crunchie I'm having a blue ribbon and some Ringos when I get home can't wait

How many syns are they Sharon? I've changed my weigh day to the same as yours to try and avoid weighing myself every day! 2lb off this week making it 8lb in total! :)

& hi Honey_bee84 :) thanks for subscribing!!

Today I did a 12.5 hour shift, and will be doing this for the next two days!

Breakfast: 2 sugar free energy drinks to start the day off (Not great I know lol but syn free!) then in my first break I had a big bowl of fruit salad (grapes, satsuma, pineapple and blackberries) with a chocolate orange mullerlight and a rocky road hifi bar (half of my hexb) then a black coffee with x2 sweeteners

Lunch: Salad with lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, ham, hot & spicy chicken pieces, 2 tandoori mini fillets (syn free from asda!!) and some tuna mixed with extra light mayo (0.5 syns) I also had a satsuma, a 10 cal jelly (0.5 syns) and another rocky road hifi (the other half of my hexb)

Dinner: hate eating so late but no choice lol, having x2 southern fried quorn burgers (5 syns) slimming world chips, beans and salad with some extra light mayo (0.5 syns) and tomato ketchup (1 syn) and my hexa of asda lighter cheese slices. Thats 7.5 syns for the day, if I have my crunchie for 7 syns afterwards brings me to 14.5. Only just within my syns as always but not going over and no cravings!

Ringos multi pack are 3.5 and blue ribbons are 5. I love crisp so buy low.syn ones so I can have more.if needed blue ribbons are 5. I tend to use blue ribbons time out single bars and kit kits for my choc fix which are all about 5 Syns I work long days too 7:30am till 8:30pm so when I take my food to work looks like am taking a.mountain of.food, if I eat my syns on a night it always feels like a nice treat tho.

Are you a nurse as well Sharon? Your hours are so similar to mine!

I LOVE mini time out bars, definitely will be getting some of them! I can't believe how low crunchies are though, 7 syns for a multipack bar, I love them!

Today was such a hectic day at work!
Breakfast (at like 12 noon haha): Strawberries. raspberries, grapes and banana with a banana and custard mullerlight, then my hexb special k chewy delight, black coffee with sweetener

Lunch: jacket potato with hexa cheese and a sweet and sour mugshot, blueberry and blackcurrant 10 cal jelly (0.5 syns)

Dinner: Roast chicken breasts with slimming world roast potatoes, roast parsnips, aunt bessies carrot and swede mash (1 syn) and cabbage with gravy (2.5 syns)

Only had 4 syns today so have 11 left, so tempted to have my white chocolate twix for 14.5 syns and go slightly over, all the running around I did today should make up for it!

Lol I am a nurse yes, and am very used to the no breakfast till lunchtime and running. Around like a headless chicken xx
If your going to have your twice make sure u sit down and enjoy it and don't feel quilty about it.

That's exactly what my mentor says Sharon! haha (I'm still a student nurse) What area do you work in? I'm on a neurosurgical high dependency ward at the moment, it's where I want to come back and work as a qualified nurse.

Food wise, yesterday was a write off. My 3 year old didn't sleep properly the night before, I had no sugar free energy drinks, the shop wasn't open and I had a full sugar energy drink to start the day and after that I just could not face messing around with syns, had cooked breakfast with orange juice, southern fried chicken with chips and gravy, pineapple cake and custard for lunch and a dominos pizza for tea so probably a whole years worth of syns! I don't really regret it though, I used to eat that way every single day and have no desire to go back to that! straight back on plan today!

Not had any breakfast yet but have had a black coffee, a glass of sugar free squash and 2 fabulous fingers for 3 syns. I will have a bowl of fruit and mullerlight once I have sorted the kids and phoned the pest control man (bloody mice are the main cause of my stress at the moment)

I'm a children's nurse and work on a busy surgical ward. Today I have a interview and so far my boiler has broke and my car is not playing so went back home and got a taxi am thinking today am gonna eat the world lol x

Oh no! Hope the interview still goes well! I have always said it takes a very special person to do children's nursing, I would find it so hard I'm a mum to two very little children myself I would be way too emotional! Stressful days are the worst when it comes to slimming world too, I'm hoping when I get the mice issue under control it will cut my stress down a lot!

I gave up on the fruit and yoghurt and am having 'brunch' now, turkey bacon, mushroom omelette and beans, all syn free!

Hi thankfully interview went Ok I think and they will let me know today at least, am feeling slightly more relaxed my oh is a mechanic so he can look aty car when he gets in.
Am thinking fish chips and mushy peas for tea and fruit to keep me going, good luck with.the mice

Had such a bad couple of days!!!

Didn't do too badly for the rest of yesterday, didn't have a proper lunch but had a mugshot and two of my hifi bars for healthy extras. Then completely ruined it with a Chinese chicken curry, chips and boiled rice then 3 scoops of ice cream and some WKD.

Weighed myself this morning and in those two days I had gained 2lb!!! Disgusted with myself :(

Weighing myself every day is bad but it DOES keep me motivated, back on plan strictly today.

Breakfast: black coffee with sweetener, glass of sugar free squash, 2 fabulous fingers for 3 syns
Will be having a mushroom omelette, baked beans and turkey bacon when the boys are at the childminders.

Lunch: planned to have curried parsnip soup and my HEXA and hexb with a cheese, ham and pickle sandwich, then a muller dessert apple pie yoghurt (1 syn for pickle 1 syn for yoghurt)

Dinner: chicken katsu curry (4.5 syns) with brown rice.
Fruit with lighter mascarpone (3 syns) and a mullerlight after dinner mint

12.5 syns for the day :) just got to stick to it now! Will have fruit, mullerlight or mugshots for snacks if I want them and lots of water/squash

Back