LauraLoo and baby number 2

Hi hun,

Haven't been on here for a while so have just been catching up, I'm glad it's all going well.

Your little girl is gorgeous, that smile and those curls are so cute :)

I've always thought that about controlled crying, I never left mine. The health visitor said that they had me wrapped round their little finger but jeez, if you can't do that when you're a tiny baby when can you? My two haven't grown up damaged because I picked them up when they cried. They're happy and secure because they had my attention when they needed it. A baby doesn't understand that you want to sleep all night.
I was in tesco the other day ad a woman with a tiny baby was walking round with it in the pram and it was screaming all the way round, you can tell when it's a new baby, they have that little warbly cry. I had to go to the other side of the shop, I just wanted to tell her to stuff her shopping and pick it up.

Anyway, ranty rant :)

Completely agree. They are babies and they need to know they are safe. Mia is an excellent sleeper and I've always gone straight in, still do now on the rare occasion there's an issue. She doesn't seem too damaged by it ;)

32+4 :)
I'm really confused by baby's position today. I've been pretty sure he's been head down for a while but today there is a part of him so far round my right side I have no idea what position he's in. Not seeing the midwife til 34 weeks and have just ordered a ball to bounce on so hopefully he'll go back to where he's meant to be. Ouch though, no idea what he's up to.

Saw a couple of OH's friends yesterday. One in particular is so sweet and considerate. He wanted to help me put my shoes on the other week :D I probably should've let him. Although he did make a comment about the fact I must be having a giant baby, it was kind of a compliment, sort of...he was saying it in relation to me being 'so small' before I was pregnant.

I really hope I can get thin again and relatively quickly, I miss my pretty dresses!!

Sleeping is difficult. I want to sleep on my left side as much as I can but my hip hurts so much, if I do go on my right it makes my heartburn so much worse. I ended up sleeping sitting up last night. Felt guilty when OH's alarm went off at 5.30, he asked straight away if I'd been having trouble sleeping so I must've been disturbing him.

I think we are pretty much sorted for baby's arrival. Just a few bits to wash and a couple of things to pop in my case and I think that's it. I've started writing instructions for where everything is and collecting Mia from school if needed etc. I do love a good list/set of instructions :D
Really feels like we are just counting down now. Eek!

Oh and the generosity is continuing. People are lovely. OH's brother sent me a £50 Amazon gift card that I have to spend on myself and only on myself and OH's Aunt has told us we have a £100 budget for a gift from her...only thing is I can't think of anything we need! We are very lucky. X

Ae how lovely its nice when u get something for yourself to. MIL keeps asking about christmas we have asked her to wait till we need next stage car seat as she wont need much at xmas x

Ae how lovely its nice when u get something for yourself to. MIL keeps asking about christmas we have asked her to wait till we need next stage car seat as she wont need much at xmas x

OH was a bit sulky when I told him, he was all 'but I'm having a baby too...' :D I don't know what to buy. Might save it for a while.
Only occurred to me the other day that bub will be about for Xmas...would it be mean not to get him anything?? Ha ha.
How are you getting on? X

O mine was the same i got lots of smellys at te baby shower and he was like what about me! His works did a collection and put £10 in a card for him to buy a beer which was nice.

Im getting brooke something wooden like a rattle or train etc of santa and a few little toys of us shel be just 3 months thats if she need anything. But will prob get a photo shoot of group on for her. I don't think its mean save money for a day out all together.

Im doing okay ta , stitches healing now but still sore to sit down , i will get there! X

O mine was the same i got lots of smellys at te baby shower and he was like what about me! His works did a collection and put £10 in a card for him to buy a beer which was nice.

Im getting brooke something wooden like a rattle or train etc of santa and a few little toys of us shel be just 3 months thats if she need anything. But will prob get a photo shoot of group on for her. I don't think its mean save money for a day out all together.

Im doing okay ta , stitches healing now but still sore to sit down , i will get there! X

I'll definitely get something for Mia to give him and for him to 'give' to Mia but if I go over he could potentially only be a couple of weeks old (awww). I also feel bad that I know other people will buy him something even though they will have just bought him something simply for being here. I think us all doing something together is a nice idea :)
Mia's first Xmas she was 11 months and we went completely over the top and she didn't have a clue...although she did look ridiculously cute dressed as Santa.

Glad you're healing, it's so glamorous all this motherhood stuff isn't it?? X

Aw i may look out for a christmas outfit and do photos ready for xmas. My mum has got a little red dress i wanted from boots for christmas which shel wear christmas day cant wait to put her in it.

I know the glamour and dignity of it all , they really don't prepare you for after the birth ha ha x

aww so exciting x not long now :) xxx

Christmas outfits are a must. And Halloween. I have the cutest pic of Mia as the worlds grumpiest (and chunkiest) spider :D costumes are high up on my list of reasons to have children. Ha.

aww so exciting x not long now :) xxx

I know. I'm so ready to meet him now :) can't believe I'll have 2 babies here for Xmas. Although my biggest baby is nearly 5 and would not appreciate being called a baby at all. Ha ha.

I've loved being pregnant and have been so lucky in both pregnancies (fingers crossed, so far, knock on wood and all that :D) but I'm definitely getting to the 'over it' part.

I feel big and uncomfortable and like he has no room left at all. He's so far to the front of my bump today he's really pushing it out. X

Attachments

• image-1112538916.jpg
    image-1112538916.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 103
34 weeks today. Yowser. It's going so fast. Think we are as ready as we can be for now, nothing left on my 'to do' list.

Saw the MW, can't believe it's been 6 weeks since my last appointment with her.
Everything was great. Measuring spot on. Heard his heartbeat. And he's head down so fingers crossed he stays there now.

She's coming to our house next time, I can't remember what for :D I suppose to make sure I do actually have one and it's a suitable environment for bub.

She told me to write down any questions I might have...can't think of any, apart from 'can you please give me an exact time and date for when this is all going to happen and can it be pain free? Ta.' Oh and 'can I have one that sleeps, please?'.

I'm having a baby! Soon. X

35 weeks :)

Been so, so ill this week but seem to be on the mend. Had some kind of sickness bug...that's the only thing I can assume it was, started Saturday night/Sunday morning and built up to the most horrendous 48 hours over Mon/tues. Yesterday I was so weak. The only upside is that I had my first unbroken nights sleep in weeks last night. It was lovely and very needed. I feel like a different person today, just about to attempt some toast.

I have a super wriggly baby in my tum so at least he's happy :) Felt so guilty being sick and not being able to eat. I did call the maternity unit Tuesday night but they didn't seem that bothered really. First time I've ever called for any kind of reassurance in either pregnancy and wasn't all that impressed.

Was quite amusing when I was getting regular stomach cramps Tuesday night...I kept saying they were nothing like contractions but OHs face was a picture every time I tensed up :D

X

35+3

Attachments

• image-2688657624.jpg
    image-2688657624.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 70
When are you due? Can't be long now at all!

When are you due? Can't be long now at all!

Hi Caroline, I've just seen that you're in this section now, how exciting?! Congrats.
I've got about 4 weeks to go...and I've decided that's the longest I'll accept :D I was induced 13 days over with my little girl and she was born bang on 42 weeks and I'm not doing that again, I'm just not. Ha. If only I had that power :)

You have a gorgeous bump hun! Would love to look like that when heavily pregnant! I was huge with Amelia, so dread to think how big I'll be this time! lol xx

You have a gorgeous bump hun! Would love to look like that when heavily pregnant! I was huge with Amelia, so dread to think how big I'll be this time! lol xx

Awww thanks lovely. I feel huge at the mo...ready to get my body back. How are you getting on? Are you finding it different second time round? I've felt like I've barely had time to think about what's happening this time and now it's suddenly very nearly over...eek! X

Back