Laura's Losses!

LauraMcC

Well here we go, I joined minimins back in the summer when I started on Slimming World, stuck to the plan for about 2 months while I was back home from uni but saw no losses. Consultant seemed a bit baffled as to why it wasn't really working, then towards the end of the somewhere PCOS started playing up real bad and I barely ate for a fortnight because of ovary pains and whatnot and lost half a stone. Made me think that my body is only going to lose weight if I really cut down and follow something very rigid as think I still could eat too much on slimming world!

So here I am, day 2 of Slimfast. Going to try my very hardest to record my daily food intake here as well as weekly weight updates. Think I might go to Boots and use their scales once a week as I don't really trust my cheapo scales that much!

I have PCOS, live with my boyfriend and am at uni so it's definitely not gonna be easy but I'm confident that it's a battle I can win!

So let's get down to business...

Day One wasn't perfect as I had a prawn sandwich mid-morning and a Rosemary Conley meal for lunch but just wanted to get rid of them. Daily calorie count ended up as being 1273 so could have been a lot worse! Feeling positive that Day 2 will be stricter and better! :)

Day One Food Diary

Breakfast:
Cafe Latte Slimfast Shake

Lunch: Rosemary Conley Pasta Bolognese (had this in the cupboard and just wanted to get rid!)

Dinner: Tuna steak with mashed potatoes

Snacks: Prawn Sandwich (in fridge and needed to be used, won't be buying anymore of these :eek:), 2x Caramel Digestives

Didn't drink enough water so need to sort that out!

Hi Laura, I have the same goal as you, I would love to get under 15st too! Your day 1 looks great to me, nice variety and the calories spot on, within the 1200 - 1400 range.
Hope today went well! :)
Good luck on your journey xx

Poundland is the best place for stocking up on <100cal snacks! Got so many good things today!

Day 2 went better than yesterday but still not perfectly on plan (yet!). Not too worried though as I think it's good in a way to build myself up to sticking to it 100% so it's not such a shock to the system!

Day 2 Food Diary

Breakfast:
Summer Berry Meal Bar (didn't like this that much, found it too heavy or something, couldn't finish it!)

Lunch: One Tuna Steak, Muller Greek Style Corner with Honeyed Apricot (didn't have slimfast for lunch, naughty :-( )

Dinner: Gammon with baby potatoes and butternut squash

Snacks: 2 Jaffa Cakes, 2x Caramel Digestives

This all came in at 1200 calories so not too bad but need to get into the habit of 2 slimfast a day, back to lectures tomorrow which will make it much easier not to raid the cupboards and force me to be stricter!

Hi Laura, I have the same goal as you, I would love to get under 15st too! Your day 1 looks great to me, nice variety and the calories spot on, within the 1200 - 1400 range.
Hope today went well! :)
Good luck on your journey xx

Good Luck to you too!

Under 15 stone is my first in a longgggg line of mini-goals lol but baby-steps first!! Isn't that what they say!

Ideally I'd like to end up at a nice round 10 stone but that's a long way off, lots of work to be done to get there!

xx

So I felt too embarassed to whip out my slimfast shake today in front of uni people and ending up just eating a bag of crisps that I bought - so stupid...

Day 3 Food Diary

Breakfast:
Cafe Latte SlimFast Shake

Lunch: Packet of Tyrells Salt and Vinegar Crisps

Dinner: Chicken with Garlic & Rosemary served with baby potatoes and carrots

Snacks: 2 Jaffa Cakes, Peach Juice

Total cals: about 1100 so pretty good in that area but lunch was bad & silly!

Have decided that I am going to weigh in every Friday so first weigh-in will be tomorrow, not expecting to see a change after only 4 days but it'll set the routine in motion!

Very delayed update here so it's gonna be a long-un!

Friday went reasonably well, I was in uni all day but hit panic stations when they announced we would be having lunch provided for us! Didn't want to turn it down (typical student eh?!) and assumed I could just make good healthy choices but you should have seen my face when I walked in and they had ordered a mountain of Pizza Hut! Decided to eat just one slice of Thin Italian Veggie Supreme and turns out it's only about 160 calories so didn't turn out so bad!
Went shopping after uni and ended up buying and eating a chocolate macaroon! Felt so guilty I decided to walk the 7 miles home and ended up burning off about 800cals according to My Fitnes Pal so despite a very unhealthy day I ended up with many calories to spare!

Day 4 Food Diary

Breakfast:
Chocolate Slim Fast Shake

Lunch: One slice of Pizza Hut Italian Thin Veggie Supreme pizza

Dinner: McDonalds Happy Meal :-(

Snacks: Packet of Skips, Chocolate Macaroon

Exercise: 2.5 hours of walking at roughly 3 miles per hour (walked just over 7 miles! :happy036:)

Total Cals: 1400 food - 800 exercise = 600 cals net

Unfortunately got sick on Friday night after I got home from my walk with what I think is a bad stomach bug and haven't been able to get rid of it since so don't really have a food diary for Sat, Sun or today, hopefully will get back to eating tomorrow!

Weigh In 1: -1lbs

Last edited:
hi hun this is not a bad day at all u had excellent will power to just have one piece i would of eat and not stopped dont be hard on ureself if u have a bad day just forget it and get back on track the next day iv fell of the wagon doesnt help that i havnt been weighed wich is a friday goos luck xx

Hiya here to follow im starting slimfast today x :)

hey! thanks for dropping by :wavey:hope Slimfast goes really well for you!

hi hun this is not a bad day at all u had excellent will power to just have one piece i would of eat and not stopped dont be hard on ureself if u have a bad day just forget it and get back on track the next day iv fell of the wagon doesnt help that i havnt been weighed wich is a friday goos luck xx

thank you! it's so nice to hear encouragement on here, really keeps you going! :)

Day 8 Food Diary

Breakfast:
Cafe Latte Slim Fast Shake

Lunch: Boots Shapers Chicken tikka wrap (this was incredible and 285 calories so not too bad!) and some carrots sticks

Dinner: Salmon with Asparagus, Carrots and Potatoes

Snacks: Milky way

Total Cals: 1200

Was a pretty busy day today so barely got time to eat! Got home really late and was suffering from bad stomach pains so just went to bed without dinner, didn't really feel hungry because was so tired so hopefully my body won't think I'm starving it!

Day 9 Food Diary

Breakfast:
Banana Slim Fast Shake

Lunch: Boots Shapers Mediterranean Couscous Salad and a packet of Walkers salt and vinegar french fries

Dinner: None - got home too late to eat :sigh:

Snacks: Milky way, Cornetto

Total Cals: 786

Back